Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brawler solo seat installed, it rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Brawler solo seat installed, it rocks!

ORIGINAL: Amy

I am in the process of purcahsing a seat , well as soon as I make up my mind that is.
I bought a custom tank to get away from the peanut tank and I was just informed I now have to buy a new seat since my curent one will not work.

I don't do any long trips, just around town and maybe a couple hundred miles one way that's all
I want the barebones seat as well but really unsure of it. Since I don't do long trips and the longest I am ever on the bike is when I am at the Myrtle Beach rallys do you think it's ok to go with it? Or is it so uncomfortble even for short rides?
Amy, I too like the sick look of a barebone solo seat but like I said, I have sat on my buddy's bike with one of those, I can't seem to find my riding position. When I take off, I slide to the back since it does not have lower back support. When I take hard corners, I slide to the side a bit. If you like look of it, what the h e l l not? I don't see any big problem riding short distance, you will learn to hate it lol.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:23 AM
cajun883custom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a matter of fact, I just received my barebones LT solo seat in the mail today.
I am now having doubts about the seat because tons of people have negative things to say.
I suppose I will try it out then see what my other options are...

Is it really that bad??

Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 128auto

I am in the process of purcahsing a seat , well as soon as I make up my mind that is.
I bought a custom tank to get away from the peanut tank andI was just informed I now have to buy a new seat since my curent one will not work.

I don't do any long trips, just around town and maybe a couple hundred miles one way that's all
I want the barebones seat as well but really unsure of it. Since I don't do long trips and the longest I am ever on the bike is when I am at the Myrtle Beach rallys do you think it's ok to go with it? Or is it so uncomfortble even for short rides?
Amy, I too like the sick look of a barebone solo seat but like I said, I have sat on my buddy's bike with one of those, I can't seem to find my riding position. When I take off, I slide to the back since it does not have lower back support. When I take hard corners, I slide to the side a bit. If you like look of it, what the h e l l not? I don't see any big problem riding short distance, you will learn to hate it lol.
Considering I am not an overly big personI was wondering if it would make the ride worse on me.
You said you slid around alot, would it be worse for me then? I have even considered just buying the solo seat from Harley. Has anyone else tried this one as well?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Considering I am not an overly big person I was wondering if it would make the ride worse on me.
You said you slid around alot, would it be worse for me then? I have even considered just buying the solo seat from Harley. Has anyone else tried this one as well?
Amy, don't get wrong. When I said I slid around, I do mean small movement, nothing like crazy. It is still acceptable, but I am a little picky about seat, so I have to compare a few before I made the decision. The Lepera barebone is not that bad at all.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Captain Morgan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

128, sorry to bring up an old thread, but i was just curious as to how big you are. im 6'1 215(on a good day) I want a seat that brings you back a lil farther away from the forward controlls so I can stretch my legs out a bit more. I love the look of your brawler seat, and im considering picking it up myself. Also for 2up riding, rather than switching out the seats, im considering adding this Pass. pillion setup with the sissy bar. do you know if this will fit with the brawler seat like you have? thanks for your help.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

I am 5'8 165, I do not think brawler seat brings me back, it moves myself forward just a tiny bit. I am not sure if this seat will fit you 215, not enough padding under the seat I must say, it fits me ok and comfy but don't know if it is going to take more weight, know what I mean? Take a look as the Mustang solo, it might fit you better. Just my 0.02 cents.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be getting one of those soon,unfortunatly the stock seat and the Sundowner have made wear marks on my paint underneath the seat[:@]why did the quit putting that protective coating on them in 06? My buds 04' 1200 has it and no marks[&o]will be repainting my fender soon also (maybe the whole bike) and finding some of that protective stuff for it.
Anyone know where to get it?

Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Captain Morgan
Advanced

i emailed mustang about their seats, and they said that pretty much all of them except for the daytripper move you forward about an inch. I dunno, sucking being tall and trying to achieve the riding position you want.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
supermario
Advanced

Here is mine and I love it

[IMG]local://upfiles/17855/65B3C48B2C044CB7A9A65C86E71AAE4F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
TJ Willy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Captain Morgan

i emailed mustang about their seats, and they said that pretty much all of them except for the daytripper move you forward about an inch. I dunno, sucking being tall and trying to achieve the riding position you want.
I can't really see how it moved me forward. I feel like my riding position is a little higher now and my reach to the controls is a little further. I have the Vintage Solo Wide