Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find pegs for my 2012 Sportster 1200 Custom

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sailrider 1
OP look at the pic posted by ACRblaze and then look at your pic. You will see the difference in the width of the base of your clevis pin mount and his.
Those pegs are about a 1/2 in shorter so it equals about the same length as the stock pegs.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Mick Stevens
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Canyon Carver pegs from DK Customs yesterday, but I'm having some problems. Not only did they fit the female clevis correctly and were easy to install, they look killer on my bike - but I don't want them to spin freely like the way they came to me. The instruction say that they can be locked in place, but I can't figure out how to do it??? Feeling pretty silly here, but I tried to tighten the main nut at the end (Had to remove the black outer piece), and it's as tight as it will go, but the foot peg still spins? Am I missing something here guys? I got them installed on the bike, but they are useless to me when spinning. Pretty frustrated right now. Any ideas???

Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

If you do any long trips Id let them spin a little, helps a lot to be able to repostion your feet/ankle. I did make mine MUCH tighter though, takes a little effort to get them to spin. The nut you tightened you need to take OFF, theres another nut under that one that actually tightens everything. Once you have them where you want them, reinstall the top locking nut.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer

Yeah I'm liking the Canyon Carvers they are sweet. Going to take some getting used to on the shifter side though. My foot tends to stick when I want to go from shifting up to shifting back down again.

Other than that I love being able to adjust my feet on the fly and the flat platform gives stable ground to place my feet on.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

Your feet do stay planted and it does take a bit to relearn how to go from upshift to downshift. I adjusted my shift peg further up to give my boot more room because I do have to slightly lift my foot so it can go from over to under.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Mick Stevens
5th Gear

I did just what the directions stated - I tried to take the nut off, but it didn't come off - just would spin around. Felt like it was stripped or something?? Tried to tighten it, and got nothing, it would just spin around but not tighten or loosen. I'm very disappointed because the Canyon Carver pegs seem to be exactly what I needed (Even considered getting another set for the passenger), but I don't want them to spin at all. Not sure what I can do now. I sure don't want to invest in getting another set and risk getting one that does not work properly.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

If they didnt come of then I think their striped.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,224 Likes on 2,458 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick Stevens
I got my Canyon Carver pegs from DK Customs yesterday, but I'm having some problems. Not only did they fit the female clevis correctly and were easy to install, they look killer on my bike - but I don't want them to spin freely like the way they came to me. The instruction say that they can be locked in place, but I can't figure out how to do it??? Feeling pretty silly here, but I tried to tighten the main nut at the end (Had to remove the black outer piece), and it's as tight as it will go, but the foot peg still spins? Am I missing something here guys? I got them installed on the bike, but they are useless to me when spinning. Pretty frustrated right now. Any ideas???
Hey Mick,

Always feel free to call us or email us, we don't always see stuff in here right away.

"If you want to adjust how freely the peg moves,......Use a socket to remove the top lock nut, on some models this may require removing the outer “trap”, and tabbed washer, then either loosen or tighten the nut below it. Replace the tabbed washer & lock nut and the plug."

It sounds like you were trying to tighten the locknut without tightening the main nut. REMOVE the nut you can see when you pull the plug, then remove the washer, the nut behind the washer it was you tighten or loosen to adjust how freely the peg turns.

I am writing this from the road, will be back later tonight and read this whole thread.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 04-22-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mick Stevens
I did just what the directions stated - I tried to take the nut off, but it didn't come off - just would spin around. Felt like it was stripped or something?? Tried to tighten it, and got nothing, it would just spin around but not tighten or loosen. I'm very disappointed because the Canyon Carver pegs seem to be exactly what I needed (Even considered getting another set for the passenger), but I don't want them to spin at all. Not sure what I can do now. I sure don't want to invest in getting another set and risk getting one that does not work properly.
Hey Mick,

There is no risk to you. I tried looking up your order under the name Mick Stevens so I could call you. No luck.

Please drop me an email at Kevin@DKCustomProducts.com with your number, or call the number on your invoice.

We will figure out what is going on with your pegs and get them right for you.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hazardous Smoker
Yeah I'm liking the Canyon Carvers they are sweet. Going to take some getting used to on the shifter side though. My foot tends to stick when I want to go from shifting up to shifting back down again.

Other than that I love being able to adjust my feet on the fly and the flat platform gives stable ground to place my feet on.
Originally Posted by Rog48
Your feet do stay planted and it does take a bit to relearn how to go from upshift to downshift. I adjusted my shift peg further up to give my boot more room because I do have to slightly lift my foot so it can go from over to under.
Yeah, I had to move my shift lever also. I keep my pegs tight, so they only move with very firm pressure. For down shifting I rock my heel on the platform, for upshifting my boot is flat on the platform under the shift lever.

I like the feel of a firm platform rather than on that moves easily...if I want it to move it will for a different foot position, normal riding it is solid rest for my feet.

Lot's of guys are comfortable with keeping their entire foot on the platform while up and down shifting, just having the platform move with their foot as they shift.

Different strokes.

Quick Reply: Can't find pegs for my 2012 Sportster 1200 Custom