Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got/installed V&H shortshots- PIC ADDED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Jerm21
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got/installed V&H shortshots- PIC ADDED!!!

After much research I got V&H Shortshots today. $245 from American Classic Motors, which I think is a good deal. I’m lucky and live right by them, so I just called and then went and picked them up a couple of hours later. The place is first rate, really great to deal with.

Installed them as soon as I got home. The install was pretty straight forward with pretty good instructions from V&H and took and took about 1.5 hours… hard to say for sure since I had to run out twice during the process. Everything fit as if it were factory. They look killer!!! I’ll try to get some pics tomorrow.

And for the important part… the sound.
HOLY SH*T! Going from stock to these is a HUGE jump in sound. These things make the bike sound like it’s got a big block V-8… I was only able to take it up the street and back, but it was awesome… and it is possible to use the volume **** (throttle) to keep them at a respectable level when you need to.

I am VERY happy with my purchase and can’t wait to get out for a nice long ride with these puppies providing the soundtrack… now all I need is some warmer weather!!!

- Jerm

Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: got/installed V&H shortshots

Good luck man I have the V&H slipons on mine and I love them.Really loud to.I just ordered progresive 412's from that dealer and I was really happy with them also. They shipped really fast like 2 days to my house.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS! Nothing better than to hear a happy campersaysuch great things about a recent purchase! And of course, there's nothing more rewarding than a successful DIY project!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
sportylow07
Intermediate

congrats on the pipes! I just got the same ones a few weeks ago, also got the stage 1. WOW! Lovvvve that sound! Awesome! I was surprised how much more power it had. They are sharp looking ! I have the 07 1200low. You did get a real good deal on them. V&H on line = $360.00 that is what i paid through my dealer also. congratulations again.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 PM
rharrison
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sportylow07 I just got the same ones a few weeks ago, also got the stage 1. WOW! Lovvvve that sound! Awesome! I was surprised how much more power it had.
What all did you do for the stage 1?

I really dig the sound of the straightshots on my XL50... Jerm21, what bike did you install these on?

Old 12-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Jerm21
Tourer

I installed them on my 883C. I plan on doing the SE air cleaner and a rejet shortly... no big rush since it's getting cold in PA... a nice winter project.

- Jerm

Old 12-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Crazie
Cruiser

I just installed a set of V&H Straightshot HS slip ons on my '07 1200XL. Like the shortshots, they make the sound awesome - all the difference in the world. Instead of going Stage I, I also installed the V&H FuelPak with the stock ECU. Only have about 50 miles on it since install but the thing performs beautifully. Got both from the same source (American Classics) at a great price with fast delivery.

If you decide to go the FuelPak route, be warned, it is one tough SOB to fit all that stuff under the Sporty's seat - especially since I also have a Kuryakyn rear run-turn-brake controller under there. It all fit but I had to get quite creative to put everything in there. Kinda the Rubik's Cube of Sportys, if ya know what I mean .

Old 12-31-2006, 02:33 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new pipes, I love my straightshots.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:36 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Congrats bro....

Old 12-31-2006, 02:38 PM
liboozers
Advanced

I also have them and I think they are great. The sound makes it sound like a big bike and the look i think is great. I didnt like the look of the stock pipes. I wanted an angled cut on the pipes. Would have liked them to be longer but the short shots are fine also.

Quick Reply: got/installed V&H shortshots- PIC ADDED!!!