Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.... girl bike !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: .... girl bike !!!!

Ohoh, this is getting good! Go ahead boys, start explaining!!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1200c

That's what people tend to call them. They need to regain their dignity somehow after they get spanked at the stoplight.
First, all this Spory's are a womans bike is crap. Think about it, while you and I can tell the difference, are they really all that different from a Dyna Super Glide in specs? They're a 550lb Harley with a long history.

Reminds me of the guy with a ratty, ratty, old Pontiac Grand Am who called my Porsche 944 a "fake" Porsche. Yeah, that hurts buddy.

Now on the "Sporty spanked at the stoplight" comment above. First, the original guy that made the comment didn't ride. Second, I hear this all the time from you sporty guys. A Sporty and a V-Twin in a Dyna or most Softails is equal in performance. You can search through some of the old posts for the numbers, but both a Sporty, a Dyna and the lighter softails are mid to low 13 second quarter mile bikes. You should have plenty of time to look up the old posts since apparently the Sporty will get you home much quicker than anyone else...

Old 12-29-2006, 01:44 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 12-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Boy, it doesn't take much to get them going does it? My posts were meant to be funny. Don't get all defensive about the bike you ride. Think about all our V-rod members (all three of them) that catch hell here all the time for riding a "water cooled" Harley.
ORIGINAL: whaap

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 12-29-2006, 01:54 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

It seems like the Deluxe is now the choice of women riders. That would make the Deluxe a "women's" bike I guess. Just wanted to set the record straight.
I agree the Deluxe seems to be the "women's bike" of today. It looks like a woman designed it. It does seem that you mostly see women riding Deluxes.
Exactly, what does that mean? "Looks like a woman designed it"???? Esplain yerself, pls!
A Deluxe has that softer side look to it, like maybe Martha Stewart was in charge of the design team.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ellebee1

I am soooo sick of hearing this, even from other Harley riders; who ironically had Sportsters themselves. What is even worse is from people who never even rode a bike to begin with. I was recently at a Christmas party at my local Harley dealership(Privateers Harley-Davidson in Halifax NS) enjoying a few beverages when a guy there asked me what I ride. I told him I had an 06 1200c with a windshield, back rest,se 2 pipes etc,etc. He told me to stop wasting $ on accessories and start saving my $ for a "real bike". THIS DUMB-*** told me he had an 02 SE Wide-Glide with 5000 kms (3000 miles) on it. Whip-dedo-effin-ding-dong!! I congratulated him on owning a $25 000 LAWN ORNAMENT, it's too bad that he spent most of his money on his bike and insurance and can't afford to go anywhere. I put 16000 kms (10000 miles) on my bike this season he may have put on 1000kms. I think he only uses his to go to "the GAY PRIDE parades"......what an IDIOT!!! Sorry I seem so upset , but, this really gets my blood BOILING....kick your brother's ***!! Do it for me,and the 10-s of thousands of Sportster riders standing right behind you brother.
I had a similar experience about 2 weeks ago at my local HOG chapter's Christmas Party. First of all, temps were in the mid 60's. Clear skys, etc...perfect riding weather. I was going to a motorcycle party, so how do you think I got there? Duh, on my bike of course!!!!

Many, many of the attendees (there were about 500 people at the party) couldn't believe I rode my bike to the party!!! I said, WTF???!!!! Why didn't you ride your bike. Then when they found out I rode a Sportster, they were really amazed. When a guy said "since you ride so much, you should get a bike more suited for travel." My response, "well since you just park your bike in the garage all the time, do you want to trade with me?" hehe.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Numbawon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEH, I GOT THE SAME CRAP FROM MY BROTHER, I TOLD HIM TO KISS OFF,PUT ON THE LID AND LEFT. HE ASKED ME WHY I SPENT THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY ON A BIKE THAT SMALL,SAID I COULDN'T TAKE A LONG TRIP ON IT ,IT WAS TOO SMALL. I TOLD HIM AT LEAST I USE IT,UNLIKE OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW,(HIM) WHO GO BUY A BASS BOAT AND LEAVE IT COVERED UP IN THE BACK YARD FOR TWO YEARS! RIDE WHAT YOU WANT TOO, I'LL PUT THE 883C UP AGAINST ANY OF THEM!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10232/9B13E67067434439A50CB2AE32BC548C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't own a Sportster, but the other day I was at the dealers and a guy was looking at some bikes when I heard him tell the dealer, "I wouldn't let my wife ride no sportster" and I laughed. I do not know why I did. Maybe from the bubbles from my Dr. Pepper that went up my nose did it. But my wife shot me this look like how dare you!, "he's right. The sportster is not a woman's bike. The softail is."

What I am saying is, a lot of people dis the Sportster. I personally want one with the chopper front end on it. (8-14" rake) But the sportster is NOT a woman's bike!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-29-2006, 02:07 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We've bashed this subject to death...and, once again, it still raises it's ugly head. Why .... Will somebody tell me PLEASE ... WHY do we have to classify Harley Davidsons? ... Bikes for girls, old farts, radicals, hippie types, young guys, soft butts, hard butts ...etc. etc. etc...when in fact, it's all a matter of personal preference. NOT gender or toughness. That's like saying the colour blue is only for baby boys.

Everybody has an opinion, granted. What ever happened to appreciating a Harley for what it is....A pleasure to look at, listen to and better yet ... just ride!

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Just enjoy the ride!

Old 12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Crap! Does this mean I have to trade my Wideglide in on a Deluxe? I mean I just traded my Sporty in for the Wideglide. I thought that was a girls bike because it was white. Now I have to get a Deluxe. I'm freaking confused!!!!

Quick Reply: .... girl bike !!!!