Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.... girl bike !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Greenejeep
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .... girl bike !!!!

I've heard it all when I had a Sportster. I never realy understood the theory either.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 AM
ellebee1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am soooo sick of hearing this, even from other Harley riders; who ironically had Sportsters themselves. What is even worse is from people who never even rode a bike to begin with. I was recently at a Christmas party at my local Harley dealership(Privateers Harley-Davidson in Halifax NS) enjoying a few beverages when a guy there asked me what I ride. I told him I had an 06 1200c with a windshield, back rest,se 2 pipes etc,etc. He told me to stop wasting $ on accessories and start saving my $ for a "real bike". THIS DUMB-*** told me he had an 02 SE Wide-Glide with 5000 kms (3000 miles) on it. Whip-dedo-effin-ding-dong!! I congratulated him on owning a $25 000 LAWN ORNAMENT, it's too bad that he spent most of his money on his bike and insurance and can't afford to go anywhere. I put 16000 kms (10000 miles) on my bike this season he may have put on 1000kms. I think he only uses his to go to "the GAY PRIDE parades"......what an IDIOT!!! Sorry I seem so upset , but, this really gets my blood BOILING....kick your brother's ***!! Do it for me,and the 10-s of thousands of Sportster riders standing right behind you brother.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The beauty that I found in the XL is that you can do just about anything to it if you want. Same can be said for other Harley, but for far more $$$.

I plan on make many 400+ mile trips back in the States when I get off this rock. Long trips, daily commuter, it don't matter cause this bike can do just about anything. Even drop it in low on a turn or two if the angle is right (need bank).

Now I won't say that I'll never want a Softtail or other cruiser, but I'll never regret and never be ashamed of owning this XL.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: sumncguy

My brother called my Sportster a girl bike ... Im like, "A girl bike ??!!??, What the hell are you taking about ? You dont even ride ??"

Gotta love it ...

If a sportster is a girls bike, then what does that make your brothers mini van?

Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I could be wrong, but it sounds like jealousy to me.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

That stigma came about when women started and buying their own Harley's over the past few years. There were always women riders but it has really caught on recently. The women thought that the Sportster had to be their best choice because it was smaller than the other Harley's. It didn't take them long to realize that the Sportster was actually taller than a lot of the other bikes and the fuel range was much shorter. They began trading their Sportsters for other bikes. It seems like the Deluxe is now the choice of women riders. That would make the Deluxe a "women's" bike I guess. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:26 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

It seems like the Deluxe is now the choice of women riders. That would make the Deluxe a "women's" bike I guess. Just wanted to set the record straight.
I agree the Deluxe seems to be the "women's bike" of today. It looks like a woman designed it. It does seem that you mostly see women riding Deluxes.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:30 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

It seems like the Deluxe is now the choice of women riders. That would make the Deluxe a "women's" bike I guess. Just wanted to set the record straight.
I agree the Deluxe seems to be the "women's bike" of today. It looks like a woman designed it. It does seem that you mostly see women riding Deluxes.
Exactly, what does that mean? "Looks like a woman designed it"???? Esplain yerself, pls!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
rharrison
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK, it's Official. The Deluxe is now a "Girl's" bike. Let's stop picking on the Sporty riders and start giving the Deluxe riders hell

Note: Theabove statement is meant in fun and not meant to offend any Deluxe owners. This forum does not accept any responsiblity for pissed off Deluxe owners. All complaints should be sent to ******. He's been whining about his sportster being called a Girl's bike for a year now.
ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Quick Reply: .... girl bike !!!!