Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just need to vent!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Blackysporty
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need to vent!!

I have a 2006 XL 883 and love this bike. It is my first bike I ever owned and I love it. I am sick of people saying you should have got a bigger bike!! Why should I? I like it. It is still a Harley and it has enough power for me and when I haul my wife.

The funny thing is, I don't get this from other Harley riders. They have even complimented me on my bike. It's the one's who don't ride Harley's. Sorry, just venting and sick the crap lol. I am proud of my Harley and that is good enough for me and my wife.

When I am ready to upgrade to a bigger bike I will.

Anyone else get this from people. Just curious is all.

Ride safe!!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had this happen to me. Usually, I get some positive **** everytime I ride out.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
05rkstd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackysporty
I have a 2006 XL 883 and love this bike. It is my first bike I ever owned and I love it. I am sick of people saying you should have got a bigger bike!! Why should I? I like it. It is still a Harley and it has enough power for me and when I haul my wife.

The funny thing is, I don't get this from other Harley riders. They have even complimented me on my bike. It's the one's who don't ride Harley's. Sorry, just venting and sick the crap lol. I am proud of my Harley and that is good enough for me and my wife.

Anyone else get this from people. Just curious is all.

Ride safe!!
No, I rarely get anyone willing to speak to me. Then again, I don't own a Sportster.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM
solo48
Tourer

F@CK what anyone else has to say! you didnt buy your bike for them, you bought it for you... just smile and tell them to have a blessed day, most the time that will just confuse them... especially coming from me

Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
oppirs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Blackysporty

Anyone else get this from people.
A few times until I blew there minds & bought a 15 y.o. bagger. Older than dirt....Easy to fix, OL had a say!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Blackysporty
Road Master

Originally Posted by solo48
F@CK what anyone else has to say! you didnt buy your bike for them, you bought it for you... just smile and tell them to have a blessed day, most the time that will just confuse them... especially coming from me
I do just blow them off. It's not when I am out riding it's like people at work and ****.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. I have a SuperLow. Before I purchased it, a few Harley people told me to buy a bigger bike and that I would not be able to keep up. Well, I LOVE my bike. I do not plan on buying another Harley. This is it. My plan was to ride it as an 883 then get it punched out to a 1200. After I am too old to hold up the bike I will make it a Trike. Well I am on stage II. I just had it punched out to a 1200. I digress. Ride what you want. A bigger bike does not translate to the best bike for you. Tell them when they get a bike come back to see you otherwise...shut the F@ck up!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Blackysporty
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
Yep. I have a SuperLow. Before I purchased it, a few Harley people told me to buy a bigger bike and that I would not be able to keep up. Well, I LOVE my bike. I do not plan on buying another Harley. This is it. My plan was to ride it as an 883 then get it punched out to a 1200. After I am too old to hold up the bike I will make it a Trike. Well I am on stage II. I just had it punched out to a 1200. I digress. Ride what you want. A bigger bike does not translate to the best bike for you. Tell them when they get a bike come back to see you otherwise...shut the F@ck up!
That is my plan eventually.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
JHoytMaddox
Cruiser

Sportsters RULE!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
JHoytMaddox
Cruiser

...mostly.

Quick Reply: Just need to vent!!