Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, yall were right

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
cashknute
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hig4s
I can't agree with either of you..

Virtually any vehicle assembled in the US has as many US made parts as any US vehicle, and puts as much money in the US economy as US companies.. Especially seeing as Dodge is more than 50% foreign owned and Ford and Chevy are have foreign interests it makes little difference.. There is also the fact that US CEOs and execs spend a huge portion of there money on vacations to Europe and Japanese CEOs and Execs tend to vacation in the US we are probably just as well off buying Japanese vehicles if they are assembled in the US.. Most people only buy new cars occasionally, what would make more of an impact is buying US made clothes, and food. But just try to find that.

That being said, I don't know of any Japanese street bikes still built here, Honda took the Goldwing back to Japan..

And as far as American cars being crap, I will match my new Corvette against any car from any country at any price for performance, dependability, and bang for the buck.
I buy American made as much as possible...I know its hard to find a vehicle completely American made but I also have a Union made list I check at times. I wouldn't touch anything but Harley or Victory with my $. Just bought some redwing boots and only a select few are still made in America, but I got em!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ployd4
I wouldn't buy a Yamaha for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Honda car. Americans need to buy as much American made products as possible. I understand that some companies assemble in America, but I would rather buy made in America by an American company.

Sportsters are great. Some day I may add a Road King.

There is somethinng to be said about that ... for those that argue the imports aren't really imports becasue they are built here or the HD isn't that different because of all the imported parts they use now ... but the main reason to buy from an "American company" is the money spent stays in our country and is reinvested in areas of our country. You can buy a Honda that was assembled here and all of the profit goes to a bank in Japan.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 PM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

can't get on most jap bikes, to high off the ground!

Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM
IBGary
Road Captain

When you have a 20 yr old Harley, its classic, a 20 yr old Japan bike is a POS.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't imagine why anyone would want or need more than one bike.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:42 PM
mywifeishot
Cruiser

This is why !

Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
hig4s
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madchemist24
There is somethinng to be said about that ... for those that argue the imports aren't really imports becasue they are built here or the HD isn't that different because of all the imported parts they use now ... but the main reason to buy from an "American company" is the money spent stays in our country and is reinvested in areas of our country. You can buy a Honda that was assembled here and all of the profit goes to a bank in Japan.
What makes you think American companies invest in American banks? For that matter American Banks don't invest in America. And the Federal Reserve is not really American. It is all a shell game the super rich.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
kelton3
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ployd4
I wouldn't buy a Yamaha for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Honda car. Americans need to buy as much American made products as possible. I understand that some companies assemble in America, but I would rather buy made in America by an American company.

Sportsters are great. Some day I may add a Road King.
A lot of Harley parts are made in Japan.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
kelton3
Tourer

Originally Posted by kelton3
A lot of Harley parts are made in Japan.
and China, and Mexico.

My Keihin carb says Made in Japan. (AMF owned then)

Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
BadMoon
Cruiser

Just bought on '04 Road King Custom from my buddy but the Nightster is sitting right beside it.

Quick Reply: OK, yall were right