Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What color to paint bike!?
Color 1
20.00%
Color 2
0%
Color 3
25.00%
Color 4
45.00%
Other (Recommendations?, LEAVE COMMENT)
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Painting bike, WHAT COLOR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the teal (?) looking color in the first picture. Still get the green but different than the bright green (unless that's blue, then I vote green).

Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

Green tank seems like it is going to be the new "V&H short shots"

Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally if I were painting my bike from scratch it would be metal flake Candy Apple Red, white and maybe yellow pin stripes.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
dmz1241
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slackster
Thanks for the link, I have been looking for a place that will sell good paint.

Originally Posted by rickss69
I know it will get shot down but I would love to see someone do this... http://www.sculptnouveau.com/
haha, yeah, i dont think i could pull that off anyway.

Originally Posted by chamba
bang bang, dont patina your bike......

it depends on your accessories. In the picture(Daniel) you are wearing red so it does nothing for the green that all are voting on.(BTW I like green,blue,or brown).

because my bike had the bi-color "live to ride" already on it, and I prefer bi-color jewelery (watch), I tried to accentuate the gold. gold flake on the helmet and such never got me where I wanted to be.
My default became orange... because of the turn signals. my straps are now orange, my gloves are hi vis orange, my helmet is orange, my LEDs are orange, now I just need to paint the bike orange.

Im not saying you need to match everything before you ride, Im just responding to your attempt to color choose.
Yeah i hear what you're saying. My dad and my girlfriend both said i should have it re-photoshopped without me on the bike because the color I am wearing and also my brown seat may change peoples opinions on what color i should choose.

Originally Posted by Toast1148
I've always thought a copper colored tank would look sick
I did think about that as well. My friends car is a coppery orange color (its a 2009? Dodge grand caravan if you wanted to reference the color), and i thought maybe i would do that, but its all still up in the air. I am very indecisive haha.

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
you've got to paint the Fenders, side covers & maybe the AC cover too. If it were me, not having the equipment or facility to paint it myself, I woud take it to a professional & go through the paint sample books to find a good color. I would stick with blue, green, bright red, or orange. and consider doing the metalic flakes.
Yeah i never really thought about adding the color to anything but the tank, thats something to think about. But I am on the fence about whether i want to paint it myself or pay someone. I figure ill save some money doing it myself (I have a compressor with a spray gun) or I could just have someone make it look really nice. Its between dropping the cash to have it look really nice, or have something that I am proud of since i did it myself, but dont look as nice haha.

Originally Posted by Turbinesaint
I like the teal (?) looking color in the first picture. Still get the green but different than the bright green (unless that's blue, then I vote green).
Yeah thats suposed to be a teal color. It is my favorite personally. Its different without being to loud. I thought about a few different blues like that, maybe something like the turquoise you see on those old 50's Belaires.

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
Personally if I were painting my bike from scratch it would be metal flake Candy Apple Red, white and maybe yellow pin stripes.
Yeah i do want to do some kind of pin striping or something like that. I think just one color would be a little boring.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

Here's a copper bike:

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
dmz1241
Intermediate

A coppery color would probably look good with my brown seat.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
streetbobkid
Road Captain

It can easily look as good doing it yourself as paying a professional, good prep, and take your time, learn the propper pressure for your gun and make sure that your compressor's cfm at least comes close to what the gun needs. Bike parts are small so you should be okay either way.

A couple good coats if clear and I wouldnt worry to much about running it, it can be rubbed out.

I say antifreeze green, if you want bright, if your going to leave everything else black I'd buff it out really good or reshoot them.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
dmz1241
Intermediate

Originally Posted by streetbobkid
It can easily look as good doing it yourself as paying a professional, good prep, and take your time, learn the propper pressure for your gun and make sure that your compressor's cfm at least comes close to what the gun needs. Bike parts are small so you should be okay either way.

A couple good coats if clear and I wouldnt worry to much about running it, it can be rubbed out.

I say antifreeze green, if you want bright, if your going to leave everything else black I'd buff it out really good or reshoot them.
Yeah I got some paint to touch up some of the black on my bike. We had one nice day a week or so ago so I went to paint, and just before i started to spray I noticed the label said "Charleston Green", but it had a black cap... Good thing i caught myself haha.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM
domantori
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GWinkleman
Here's a copper bike:

I have found out very quickly with my copper gimps that it is a bitch to keep clean!!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by domantori
I have found out very quickly with my copper gimps that it is a bitch to keep clean!!
Did you use a clearcoat on top? Maybe just have them powdercoated a copper color.

Quick Reply: Painting bike, WHAT COLOR?