Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Race Fueler for EFI bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:11 PM
rharrison
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screamin' Eagle Race Fueler for EFI bike?

The installation of HD part 32173-07, the Screamin' Eagle Race Fueler or SERF, took about 1 1/2 hours and four cups of coffee. The instructions are NOT specific to the Sportster model, so if anyone is planning to install one, contact me off-line. However, the process is very straight forward, the installation is neat and clean, and the SERF works as promised.

With the full stage 1 (SE air cleaner, V&H straighshots and SERF) the bike has much more mid and high range response. However, the bike died one at a stop light when cold and has a hesitation in low RPMs. I am hoping this is a matter of dialing the SERF in for the bike. For now, instead of playing with the SERF (you can adjust low-mid-high rpm for both cylinders individually) using the hit-and-miss method, I'll wait until my dyno day January 3rd. The nice part about this installation is that if you want to "go back" you can with no wires cut, no mess and can move the SERF from one bike to another.

The SERF works with both the 883 and 1200 EFI bikes. I hope others can post their experiences and we can help one another dial our bikes in for best performance. Of course, the simple way (I seldom do things the simple way) would be to have the dealer simply do a flash remap, of which there are several who have successfully done and posted their experiences.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:05 PM
TherealN8
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rharrison
The installation of HD part 32173-07, the Screamin' Eagle Race Fueler or SERF, took about 1 1/2 hours and four cups of coffee. The instructions are NOT specific to the Sportster model, so if anyone is planning to install one, contact me off-line. However, the process is very straight forward, the installation is neat and clean, and the SERF works as promised.

With the full stage 1 (SE air cleaner, V&H straighshots and SERF) the bike has much more mid and high range response. However, the bike died one at a stop light when cold and has a hesitation in low RPMs. I am hoping this is a matter of dialing the SERF in for the bike. For now, instead of playing with the SERF (you can adjust low-mid-high rpm for both cylinders individually) using the hit-and-miss method, I'll wait until my dyno day January 3rd. The nice part about this installation is that if you want to "go back" you can with no wires cut, no mess and can move the SERF from one bike to another.

The SERF works with both the 883 and 1200 EFI bikes. I hope others can post their experiences and we can help one another dial our bikes in for best performance. Of course, the simple way (I seldom do things the simple way) would be to have the dealer simply do a flash remap, of which there are several who have successfully done and posted their experiences.
did you ever get it dialed in on the dyno? if so what were your settings?

Old 02-23-2022, 04:59 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,346 Posts

Originally Posted by TherealN8
did you ever get it dialed in on the dyno? if so what were your settings?

It's a 16 year old post. Hopefully, he's still alive, and solved his issues.

John

Old 02-23-2022, 08:00 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,087 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Holy sheet...while not quite a necro thread resurrection...very close. I feel it should get an honorable mention due to the fact that there were only 2 posts...the original one and then the one nearly 16 years later...very unique indeed. I'll bring it up to the committee at the next quarterly meeting and see if any prizes will be awarded ...we'll be in touch.