Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OHH my GOD!!!!...got me a bike....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OHH my GOD!!!!...got me a bike....

so i went today with a friend and actually bought a bike....i got a sportster 1200 ....2005 with a little less than 2k miles on it....it has a few small paint issues but it looks brand new...i am super stoked and want tot hank all of u for all the good advice i have been reading here over the last few months......

i can't wait to ride it...i have my msf class at the end of next month and my buddy is getting all his dirt bikes in order to teach me a few things before i go to the class.....i am a new rider so i am taking it slow and easy......i actually lied to my dad today and told him i am still looking for a bike....i wanna have him come down when it gets warmer and surprise him and go for a ride together.....its gonna be a great day to be able to ride with my dad!.....ryan

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Congrats, but don't be a "Bad Boy Brad" pls...tone it down a notch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOBgvHmqf4

Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahhahahahahaha iceman....too funny.....yeah i don't think I'm gonna go down that route!.....ryan

Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Congrats! I remember my first bike...35 years ago...a Honda CB175

Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Thought you'd like that...seriously you're going to love riding that Sporty - really miss my 05 XL1200C & will own another soon...

Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
IronBoy883
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though im 99% sure that was scripted ...That video is without a doubt the funniest thing I've ever seen !!! So tru, ugh I laughed out Loud watching that ! ) " they hooked me up with all this !" hahahah uhhh ... Congrats on the bike man !! I love my sporty and don't be a Brad hahaha
"the polisher" hahah

Last edited by IronBoy883; 02-17-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's cool you are going to be able to ride with your dad. Enjoy it bro.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:27 AM
SportEone2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Congrats, but don't be a "Bad Boy Brad" pls...tone it down a notch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOBgvHmqf4
I had to share this video.. thanks for the laugh.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My question is how do people buy a bike (a Harley no less..) put 2K on it and then sell it?

Did they not know you will ride the thing not look at it? In my part of the world there are allot of "Hanger Queen's" but few riders who put on the miles, the riders dress up like pimps! its outrageous to see all these wannabes running around.

As to you,
1. Lying to your dad? Hope he enjoys it as much as you.

2. Safety courses are silly, get out on a bike and ride, dirt is the starter course, ride every day for 2 weeks 2+ hrs per minimum, if you didn't break anything, learned to dump & stop, where all the controls are & got it down pat your ok, if not? well... When I started you went to DMV, showed you could handle the bike & got your lic. Its your a$$ not theirs.

PARTS: IMO ride and enjoy, put on some miles, see what you want unless you have a particular look in mind (not like the guy above), you may find what you thought is not what works for you.

Last edited by DavidStiebel; 02-18-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:26 AM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
My question is how do people buy a bike (a Harley no less..) put 2K on it and then sell it?

Did they not know you will ride the thing not look at it? In my part of the world there are allot of "Hanger Queen's" but few riders who put on the miles, the riders dress up like pimps! its outrageous to see all these wannabes running around.

As to you,
1. Lying to your dad? Hope he enjoys it as much as you.

2. Safety courses are silly, get out on a bike and ride, dirt is the starter course, ride every day for 2 weeks 2+ hrs per minimum, if you didn't break anything, learned to dump & stop, where all the controls are & got it down pat your ok, if not? well... When I started you went to DMV, showed you could handle the bike & got your lic. Its your a$$ not theirs.

PARTS: IMO ride and enjoy, put on some miles, see what you want unless you have a particular look in mind (not like the guy above), you may find what you thought is not what works for you.

my bikes previous owner rode it no more than 600 miles...... dont know why... but I am a better owner for this bike and shes happy now.

Safety courses are not silly........ I rode for 15 years, then the law said to take a class in order to add class M to my license. I enjoyed the class and the skills. my riding buddies would not sit in a parking lot and set up challenges, so the class helped out.

in addition to the class the OP should do his own exploration of the bike and its functions. Dont dump it!!!!

Quick Reply: OHH my GOD!!!!...got me a bike....