Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2moto Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had intergrators on a few sport bikes and never had any isses with the cops. I know some states say your signals have to be like 8" or something like that apart.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the taillight, very easy. But for the love of me I can't pull out the pins for the turn signals off the connectors. I've spent 30 minutes on one and it doesn't move. What am I missing?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Just2Much19
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look at the clips and have no idea which way they come off, hard to see from the underside.

I installed the D2 but when I connected the blinkers, they just stay one and do not blink. Do I need something else for them?

Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just2Much19
I look at the clips and have no idea which way they come off, hard to see from the underside.

I installed the D2 but when I connected the blinkers, they just stay one and do not blink. Do I need something else for them?
Did you install a run/brake/turn signal module on your bike?

I have yet to figure out the blinkers...

Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Just2Much19
2nd Gear

I didnt know you had to. The running light and brake light work fine. I figured if they were going to sell the entire module they would sell everything needed along with it. Nothing on their website says you need anything additional and the box it comes in doesnt say anything.

I might as well share my experience...Shipment was quick with them but they sent it in a padded manilla envelope and the package was pretty mangled. I also ordered their smoked signal covers and again the manilla envelope was mangled up, one of the covers were cracked. I emailed them yesterday, we will see what they will do.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just2Much19
I didnt know you had to. The running light and brake light work fine. I figured if they were going to sell the entire module they would sell everything needed along with it. Nothing on their website says you need anything additional and the box it comes in doesnt say anything.

I might as well share my experience...Shipment was quick with them but they sent it in a padded manilla envelope and the package was pretty mangled. I also ordered their smoked signal covers and again the manilla envelope was mangled up, one of the covers were cracked. I emailed them yesterday, we will see what they will do.
I wasn't saying that you need the module. I have it on my bike, and was wondering if that would make a difference or not. You should ask them.

My package was in good shape when arrived. Come on, someone helps me to figure out how to pins from the turn signal connector!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a look at this site, it shows how to take pins out.... I've read some posts where the turn signal wires were cut and spliced back together.

http://99mpg.com/mima/pininstall/ins...ingtheharness/

As far as the module, I did not use one and the turn signals work fine. There are other threads on the site about the tail light, try a search. Sorry I couldn't help more, but it went together and worked ok.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Galdog
Take a look at this site, it shows how to take pins out.... I've read some posts where the turn signal wires were cut and spliced back together.

http://99mpg.com/mima/pininstall/ins...ingtheharness/

As far as the module, I did not use one and the turn signals work fine. There are other threads on the site about the tail light, try a search. Sorry I couldn't help more, but it went together and worked ok.
Thanks for the link. Alas, I don't think that's gonna help me much. These connectors don't look like the one on my Sporster. I will dig it a little bit more.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Thanks for the link. Alas, I don't think that's gonna help me much. These connectors don't look like the one on my Sporster. I will dig it a little bit more.
No, the connectors on that site are different, but was thinking the pins should come out in a similar fashion. I used a pick tool and it released the pins quickly, just like the site shows. Maybe your plugs are different than my Dyna.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
dm76
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Voony
Anyone using this?

http://www.d2moto.com/p-6845-harley-...LAID=544012648

I need to replace my Kuryakyn L.E.D. taillight and find a solution to get rid of my turn signals to clean up the rear end. That seams to be an affordable solution.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
I'd get one...if it fit on my bike! website says the oldest XL it will fit is a 2002...mine is a 2000. anyone know the difference in the tailights from those two years?

Quick Reply: D2moto Taillight