Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a lady give me crap about my Sporty!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Dana
I wanted to make clear that it didn't bother me. I thought it was funny, and wanted to share the story. After thinking about it more, I agree with the poster who said my buddy probably egged her on to do it. I love my Sporty, and I will love it more when I'm done modifying it. It's a great bike that is fun to ride.
+1, Bingo......She was just seeing if your ***** were bigger than hers. If a comment is coming from an actual biker, they are just testing you to see what type of person you are, (ie-hothead if you blow up at them, or cool to hang with them if you snap a witty come back at them).

Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
mrgr8ness
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my Sporty for 2 1/2 years, I have never had anyone give my grief about it, or call it a girls bike. Before that I rode a Honda, mostly riding it in the middle of a pack of Harley's. Never have any issues there either. Around here, everyone rides for the love of it, and we all respect each other. Makes no difference what you ride, or how big it is.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Dana
I wanted to make clear that it didn't bother me. I thought it was funny, and wanted to share the story. After thinking about it more, I agree with the poster who said my buddy probably egged her on to do it. I love my Sporty, and I will love it more when I'm done modifying it. It's a great bike that is fun to ride.
People say a lot of sh*t. Mostly it is just having fun. I would hear it all the time that I had a chicks bike. My answer was only thing that makes my bike a chick bikes was the rhinestones I put on it plus the fact that I had t*ts. But when I rode it across country to sturgis I had lots of guys tell me or my hubby that I had more ***** than they did.. I am glad I had my sporty and that I rode it to sturgis from MD.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Haven't heard "chick bike", but have had a woman ask me why I rode such a small bike. Small? I started riding in 65, and the Sporty would have been a big bike then. And a lot bigger than a dozen or so of the bikes I've had since, none of which I considered too small. It's just what you're comfortable with; there's plenty of room on a Sporty for someone 6'4".

Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM
pbr rebel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I live in the states and it will cost me 27z. But I wuzn't putting any girls down on what they ride at all..Y'all can ride what ever, it is just a tired subject of the sporties being a girls bike, ie ride and be happy that you are ridin bc sum can't ride at all, so ride for them.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
HDCB62
Novice

Originally Posted by WildThang
I get accused of ridin' a girls bike all the time:
Man your Bike is incredible!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your a raiders fan, did this happen in the bay?

Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
HDCB62
Novice

I'm a newbie to all things motorcycles.
I plan on getting a Iron 883 and every Video I've seen on Youtube a guy is riding it. I've only seen 1 video of a girl riding it. So I don't get the girls bike thing. The price and the style and size of a Sportster appeals to me.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
pbr rebel
Cruiser

Thanks..Its almost done, well maybe.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain

I had a girl call my bike a girls bike. I hit her in the mouth with my Harley Davidson
spike studded purse and told her i'd scratch her eyes out if she did it again.

Quick Reply: Had a lady give me crap about my Sporty!