Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"yellow fever" sporty hardtail

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 AM
motorcycle30
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

few more ,still have to add red pinstripe and finish the flag

Attached Thumbnails "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-rfrvv.jpg   "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-umuu.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! Is that abalone on the headlight? I LOVE abalone!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 AM
motorcycle30
Intermediate

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Awesome! Is that abalone on the headlight? I LOVE abalone!
thanks ,no its the same variegated gold leaf i used on the rest of it .Striping it today and propably mounting the bodywork tonight ,gonna be another long day

Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 AM
motorcycle30
Intermediate

paint done ,copper lines started

Attached Thumbnails "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-mmmm.jpg   "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-jujiok.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know you haven't asked for opinions and I really like the bike so far but I don't think the copper lines fit in. Reminds me of some OCC festoonery. With all of the nickel, polished aluminum tube would look slick. Now, if you have copper spokes or something it would make more sense.

Please don't take that the wrong way. The quality of the paint is seems stellar. I'm not "hating" on your build. I have a 1967 honda chop with a P.O.W. license plate...and that makes no sense at all. That's also why I wouldn't question your Japanese rising sun lol.

Ok, please continue.

Last edited by mreed; 01-16-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 AM
motorcycle30
Intermediate
Question

Originally Posted by mreed
I know you haven't asked for opinions and I really like the bike so far but I don't think the copper lines fit in. Reminds me of some OCC festoonery. With all of the nickel, polished aluminum tube would look slick. Now, if you have copper spokes or something it would make more sense.

Please don't take that the wrong way. The quality of the paint is seems stellar. I'm not "hating" on your build. I have a 1967 honda chop with a P.O.W. license plate...and that makes no sense at all. That's also why I wouldn't question your Japanese rising sun lol.

Ok, please continue.

no prob .opinions are always welcome ,i wouldnt post something if i wasnt ready to hear all sides

Not sure where you get the occ reference to the copper lines and you think polished aluminum is better,the whole bike is yellow tones with the nickel,brass,gold,yellow candy etc ,polished alum would stick out like a sore thumb .(i guess occ because of thier last debacle with copper lines and nickel .....this bike was planned like this way before that show and they are doing something that has been done a million times over ,and that you can see on any classic chop.If you really want to see the difference between this bike and that goofy mess they made is this bike actually works)

the rising sun is because the fabricator is half japanese /half german and if you know what yellow fever is(not just the color of the bike) it fits perfect .

Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well there you go. That does make perfect sense about the rising sun.

I wasn't comparing your bike to an OCC bike...yours, to me, is above & beyond theirs. It's just the way they go about putting nick nacks here & there just because it fits in.

I also LOVE the nickel. My Softail has no chrome, just nickel but I HATE that it has no corrosion protection.

By the way, why do you need 2 methods of crank case ventilation?

edit: nevermind...I didn't notice it was pre 91.

Last edited by mreed; 01-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
motorcycle30
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mreed
Well there you go. That does make perfect sense about the rising sun.

I wasn't comparing your bike to an OCC bike...yours, to me, is above & beyond theirs. It's just the way they go about putting nick nacks here & there just because it fits in.

I also LOVE the nickel. My Softail has no chrome, just nickel but I HATE that it has no corrosion protection.

By the way, why do you need 2 methods of crank case ventilation?

edit: nevermind...I didn't notice it was pre 91.

no prob ,i just see the word OCC and it makes my skin crawl .ahaha

yes some of those guys do stuff to do it ,we did the hard lines because its kinda like the paint in the frame and its an old school touch that we are both into .We wanted to do all cloth wires and some other things but we felt we were going down that "theme bike road" if we went too far so its getting toned down just a bit to keep it a daily rider.

i like that the nickel will tarnish and wear ,it will give it more character down the road along with all the nicks and dings its bound to get .Me and the fabricator wanted this bike to be a pretty rider and it should be fun to beat on .Not to say we are going to wreck it ,but its not just for looking at

this bike started out as a $1500 trade in that just sat around ,we are under 10 grand total includnig the bike at this point and considering the cost of most of the bikes at the shop and how it looks i think we proved that its not about just throwing money at something to make it different.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 PM
motorcycle30
Intermediate

almost ready to fire up

Attached Thumbnails "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-vfrvrvr.jpg   "yellow fever" sporty hardtail-dbt-5bvd.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Toast1148
Cruiser

that paint is WICKED!

great job.

Quick Reply: "yellow fever" sporty hardtail