Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scramin Eagle Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Knot Bad XL1200
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scramin Eagle Limiter

Does anyone know what has to be done to the new box for the 2004 1200C, it will only fire one time when I plug it in and then shuts down. What's the trick? Is it something I can do at home or...

Old 12-20-2004, 04:41 PM
LordVngr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scramin Eagle Limiter

Hi

While I cant give you a step by step answer to your question I believe I can point you in the right direction. Yesterday I went to install my Factory Security system in my 05 XL1200r model. Well got the alarm installed and got the keybob to see it and turn it on and off. everything seemed to work fine. I Went to start the bike and the motor fired onetime and then died. I was like WTF....

Tried to start it several times but always got the same thing. It would fire or attemp to fire and then nothing. In looking thru my manuals I discovered something about Re-initiziling the module and the password for the first time. hmmmmm. In fact I saw that you had to do this procedure for Several of the electronic modules of the sportster when replacing them.

Im sure that each different module requires its own seperate method to do this but mine was as follows.

After installing the alarm try to start the bike. It will start and then die. in 10 seconds the alarm light comes on and stays on for 10 minutes. Leave the key turned on and in the run postion. at the end of ten minutes the light will go off. When the light goes off you have to turn the iginition off and then on again Within TWO SECONDS of the alarm light going off.

The light will come back on again for another 10 minutes. at the end of the ten minutes it will go out and you have another TWO SECONDS to turn the iginition off and back on. You need to do this a total of 3 times and if you miss that 2 secound window you have to start All Over. at the end of the 3rd 10 minute period you cycle the ignition switch one more time within TWO SECONDS and then shut it off and try to start the motor to confirm it fires up. If it doesnt you missed something somewhere and have to start over.

Lucky for me I did everything right and at the end of this process my harley fired right up no problems. I'm SURE your dealing with the same issue although the fix may be a little different. If you dont have the service manual / electronic diagnostic manual then your screwed as you need both of these manuals to install Electronic components succesfully.

Bottom line is Harley made it As Hard As They Could so you have to take it to them to get it fixed. Dam I'm Good. hope this helps and good luck

Here, found this link that might help you

Password learn function

LV