Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Profile Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
Is that a good or a bad thing?
It's a bad thing. No longer non mushroomy ie. they look like mushrooms now moreso than they did a few months ago. Man, that doesn't help much either They are bigger than they were. Geez, I had trouble saying that for some reason.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Skull Crush Helmets
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sioux565
I'll check those out. You know anything about the skull crush helmets?
Hey sioux565! Here is our website if you want to check them out. http://www.skullcrushgear.com

Also, if you decide to place an order use coupon code SKULLCRUSHGIRL for $10 off your purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sioux565
For those of you that wear low profile helmets, what kind do you have? I've never really worn a helmet the past 3 years that I've had my sporty, but I kind of have an itch to start wearing one for next season. The half helmet I have now, aside from being old, it looks like a mushroom on my head, so I am looking into something that is low profile. I've seen ads for skull crush helmets, they look nice from the pictures. Any other recommendations?
I am curious. Why would you go from no helmet to a $150 novelty helmet? I assume that you have decided to protect your melon while riding. You do know the skull crush is nothing more than a very expensive (and nice) novely right? You will most likely get your skull crushed if it meets the pavement wearing this lid. I have owned a head trip 3/4 which was a very light and comfortable novelty, but I live in a helmet state.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
TexFF
Road Master

I think the Skull Crush IS DOT compliant, but not DOT 'approved' or 'certified'. They probably haven't gone thru the process due to liability issues. If you research DOT certification is kinda stupid. The DOT helmets aren't even tested by the DOT. The company just has to say 'yes, our helmet meets DOT requirements' & BOOM!!! Now you have a DOT helmet. I've always insisted on DOT until I read up on it. Skull Crush is light years ahead of your average 'novelty' helmet. Kevlar & carbon fiber interwoven together sounds pretty damn tough to me. I don't own 1 yet but I'm sure thinking about it. My .02.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
I am curious. Why would you go from no helmet to a $150 novelty helmet? I assume that you have decided to protect your melon while riding. You do know the skull crush is nothing more than a very expensive (and nice) novely right? You will most likely get your skull crushed if it meets the pavement wearing this lid. I have owned a head trip 3/4 which was a very light and comfortable novelty, but I live in a helmet state.
Would rather have someone than nothing on my melon.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 AM
landonm11
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
Dude in one of skull crushes videos they run over one of their helmets will a suv... And then they park a suv on top of the same helmet... And all it did was scratch the paint... They aren't novelty helmets they are well made strong helmets IMHO... I will be ordering one shortly to one up my brother in law who ordered the gator skin 3/4

Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 AM
warrick
Banned

I hate posting pics, but this is as good as it gets. I have a small peanut head and it looks ok on me.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I requested a Skullchrush beanie from my wife for Christmas...hopefully she followed through and ordered it some time ago
Carbon fiber and Kevlar...don't get any tougher than that! I did a lot of research on a good 1/2 helmet, and the Skullcrush looks to be the best out there, both in quality, looks, and purpose.
It may not be DOT, but I bet in reality it's much tougher. It won't protect your face and such, but it's a 1/2 helmet & no half is going to. I like my 3/4 HJC, but it looks like I'm wearing a basketball on my head & it's heavy.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by warrick
I have 2 of them, flat black and natural chrome extended half shells. I love them, lightest most comfortable half lid I could find. I think I have a pic somewhere, will see if I can dig it up.

I have a SkullCrush and it is great, my #1. Watch out for the so called low profile Outlaw. It isn't low any more.

Last edited by golfblues; 12-09-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I have a SkullCrush and it is great, my #1. Watch out for the so called low profile Outlaw. It isn't low any more.
Can't wait to get mine!

Quick Reply: Low Profile Helmets