Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Body Know when these are coming out for a Sportster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
you people who think you can "guess' What rpm you are running nearly as accuratly as a tachometer are Full of BS. who wants to sit there and "think" for 1 second and "guess" and "think" you know what RPM your bike is running, why not just get a gauge and KNOW what your doing instead of just "guessing"?? you people have ego problems.
You're bringing a knife to the gunfight...show me a good mechanic who can't tune "by ear" & see how successful they are w/keeping customers. We've been doing this for years w/no problems and the proof is also w/drag bikes...they use "idiot light" vs. tach for shift points.

If you want to waste $$$ on flashy eye-candy for street riding - go ahead (your coin), but check your ego at the door.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
You're bringing a knife to the gunfight...show me a good mechanic who can't tune "by ear" & see how successful they are w/keeping customers. We've been doing this for years w/no problems and the proof is also w/drag bikes...they use "idiot light" vs. tach for shift points.

If you want to waste $$$ on flashy eye-candy for street riding - go ahead (your coin), but check your ego at the door.
Ever heard of a dyno tune? Yeah Drag Bikes use Shift Lights, why dont you think they just "guess, and listen, and Feel"?

And waste money on Eye Candy?? Isn't that what Harley's are all about?? Eye Candy??

Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

you people who think you can "guess' What rpm you are running nearly as accuratly as a tachometer are Full of BS. who wants to sit there and "think" for 1 second and "guess" and "think" you know what RPM your bike is running, why not just get a gauge and KNOW what your doing instead of just "guessing"?? you people have ego problems.
Why do you need to know what rpm your at? Hell if it werent for laws that say you can only go so fast I wouldnt need a speedo let alone a tach.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not talking about a tank mounted tach, I'm talking about a intergrated tach/speedo that replaces the Speedo. And who wouldn't want a gear indicator?? Do you count to 5 every time you start? No one does.
wtf are you talking about dude? it's all done by ear and feel. i know what gear i'm in at all times dude trust me and by the sound of the motor know when i need to up or downshift. you obviously can't relate because like others have eluded to, you most likely having been riding that long. it aint a car dude, keeping looking down at that tach or speedo or your "gear indicator" (that one craps me up the most) and see how long you survive on the road. good luck.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

and btw....ego problems? every thread you've started since showing up around here has been borderline sportster section discussion and most if not all of them should have ended up in the general talk section or on another forum to be quite honest. so stop trolling around here, starting **** and go play in a victory forum or something where it sounds like you belong.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

And...ride off into the sunset in 1st gear because you don't have a tach & can't decide when to shift...

Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iceman24
And...ride off into the sunset in 1st gear because you don't have a tach & can't decide when to shift...

Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmxatv
wtf are you talking about dude? it's all done by ear and feel. i know what gear i'm in at all times dude trust me and by the sound of the motor know when i need to up or downshift. you obviously can't relate because like others have eluded to, you most likely having been riding that long. it aint a car dude, keeping looking down at that tach or speedo or your "gear indicator" (that one craps me up the most) and see how long you survive on the road. good luck.
well if you want to live in the stone age go ahead, I'm getting instrumentation for my bike because that's what I want, also I listen to music/ talk radio in my blue tooth helmet while I ride, who the hell wants to listen to Engine whine and exhaust noise and have to think about it and guess what your RPm;s are and what gear your in, and then remember 10 minutes down the road what gear your in? that's retarded.

and why do you have a picture of an *** next to you name? It's a good pictoral for what you are.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rog48
Why do you need to know what rpm your at? Hell if it werent for laws that say you can only go so fast I wouldnt need a speedo let alone a tach.

Why do you need to ride a motorcycle at all? Can't you take a bus?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmxatv
and btw....ego problems? every thread you've started since showing up around here has been borderline sportster section discussion and most if not all of them should have ended up in the general talk section or on another forum to be quite honest. so stop trolling around here, starting **** and go play in a victory forum or something where it sounds like you belong.

well forgive me for trying to do something different and not starting 50 more posts about ape bars, forward controls and spring seats or whining and expecting everyone else to fix my bike for me because I dont have any money to take it to a mechanic to fix it right. This is a Forum, it's about open discusioin, it's not suppose to be about little ditators deciding what they think is approiate and what isn't.

Quick Reply: Any Body Know when these are coming out for a Sportster?