Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, normal operation there, though I haven't messed with mine much to see how it is secured in there...does it not screw it?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackal
Yup, normal operation there, though I haven't messed with mine much to see how it is secured in there...does it not screw it?
From what I can remember...I just did this a few days ago, you'd think I could remember...there's a snap ring that holds the plunger/switch in place and then the rubber condom goes on over that. I think.

Oh, and bmx, I hear ya about the rattle can paint on bars. I've done and redone mine now three times. Gloss black. The first two times I phuckted with it too soon and screwed it up. Third time is hopefully the charm and I'm not touching it this time until the weekend. But even after drying for three days I don't think it will be as good as powder. My problem is the powder guys here are likely to take a month to do it...and ***** that.

Last edited by Ergonight; 06-14-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dropping mine off today hopefully. if i get them there early enough i just might be able to pick em up tomorrow. man why the hell did i even fvck with painting them myself? i'd be riding tomorrow had i dropped em off last wknd. live and learn....

btw ergo...those switches are rad! i might have to steal that this winter!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

hey, I hate to hijack your thread, but a couple of you really seem to be into the Japanese scene and might be better at this than others

I'm trying to figure out what this helmet is: http://youtu.be/G8GxJfar84U

It looks damn close to a Simpson Bandit but not quite. There doesn't seem to have ever been a visor attachment. Japanese knockoff?

I never thought I'd be into full face helmets but that one is badass

Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
dropping mine off today hopefully. if i get them there early enough i just might be able to pick em up tomorrow. man why the hell did i even fvck with painting them myself? i'd be riding tomorrow had i dropped em off last wknd. live and learn....

btw ergo...those switches are rad! i might have to steal that this winter!
Steal away man! I haven't talked to Ozzie yet about the switches, but I will and I'll let you know about those.

Went to the shop this morning and the paint on my bars was ****. Over two days drying and still soft. Obviously a paint or painter problem. I blasted it all off and startded over with primer. Ugh. You made the right call.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HedleyLamarr
hey, I hate to hijack your thread, but a couple of you really seem to be into the Japanese scene and might be better at this than others

I'm trying to figure out what this helmet is: http://youtu.be/G8GxJfar84U

It looks damn close to a Simpson Bandit but not quite. There doesn't seem to have ever been a visor attachment. Japanese knockoff?

I never thought I'd be into full face helmets but that one is badass
ha...whatever it's all good. i'll share with like minded fanatics of the jap hd scene. that's a troop 2 helmet from TT&co. you can get one here:
http://www.eternalcombustion.com/cat...ull-Face-Lids/

without even clicking on that video, i know those are the dudes from d-club. they build some badass metric chops and bobs. i've prolly watched that vid a hundred times. lol.

**EDIT-woops...like like they're out of stock. i would peruse the chopcult and xlf classifieds or egay and try to find one.

Last edited by bmxatv; 06-16-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a used one in the CC classified as of this morning. I think the dude with Eternal Combustion said they won't be stocking them until the price goes back down...or maybe I'm just crazy.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 06-16-2012, 08:32 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

i wasn't looking for one HERE but thanks.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

not bad....I'd rather go DOT, but for 169 it might just be a buy (if they get em back in)

I do like the actual Simpson one but it's 400 bucks

in the meantime, my Biltwell works just fine

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C