Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:13 PM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder why you never see and CO bikes with a cam cover chop.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you clearance the brake lever / switch when removing, etc.? That switch gets chewed up if you don't shim it out prior to removal / install.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM
carilliterate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sure you didnt break the little contact button off on the switch housing? I had the same issue and my switch was not bad it just broke the part that sticks out... My fix was builing up a little JB weld on the part of the lever that contacts the switch and the problem was resolved...

Just some words of thought if you run into the same issue..

Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 PM
carilliterate
Cruiser

Bars look good man.. you went with 8" rise did you not? Did you just rattle can the bars or did you go with powder coating?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
carilliterate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blindrocket
AH, thanks for the tips fellas. I think that I'd definitely want some pull back. Please post some pics of your bars, I'd love to see them.

Heres what Im working with man.. 10" rise 24" width

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackal
Did you clearance the brake lever / switch when removing, etc.? That switch gets chewed up if you don't shim it out prior to removal / install.
yeah i noticed the little rubber boot is all chewed up. i didn't shim it either, didn't know i had to. i did hear something like that on older bikes or bikes without stock hd controls but didn't even consider it.

Originally Posted by carilliterate
Bars look good man.. you went with 8" rise did you not? Did you just rattle can the bars or did you go with powder coating?
yup 8" didn't want to go any taller. 10 would have made me change cables and what not plus i like lower bars. had a set of gimps and i hated them on the hi-way. those bars look nice man. rene?

Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmxatv
yeah i noticed the little rubber boot is all chewed up. i didn't shim it either, didn't know i had to. i did hear something like that on older bikes or bikes without stock hd controls but didn't even consider it.

yup 8" didn't want to go any taller. 10 would have made me change cables and what not plus i like lower bars. had a set of gimps and i hated them on the hi-way. those bars look nice man. rene?
Ain't it awesome? Stupid *** design.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
carilliterate
Cruiser

I opted not to use Rene bc he is swamped and the less work I give him the faster I can mail him my tank.. I feel bad but it will work out in the end. Gave him a deposit a while ago to hold my place in line till he had a lot of the work done and he can hammer mine straight out...

Anyways i went with syndicate choppers (Carmine) over on CC

Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Hell yeah bro!!!... your scoot looks badass!!! genius idea to go the Crazy Orange route..

What's next????

Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful job man. Love the bars. That's a bitch about the brake light. I'm worried about the same thing when I go to hook up mine, having chopped the housings up and rewired everything. I didn't see the part in the manual about shimming the brake lever before removal until after I took everything apart. But I don't notice any damage to the switch or the boot so, who knows? Anyway, good luck with that problem. Great job overall. Thing looks killer.

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C