Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:45 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
I dont plan on taking my forks apart to put them on I think a lot of people put them on by slitting them up the back.........use a sharp razor and cut a straight line

Here ya go
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...elocation.html
Yeah, I agree. That's a lot of trouble for something that costs $20. Hell, I didn't even wanna do it for my clip-ons!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bars are begging to be mounted directly to the top clamp via ditching the risers...no?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. They seem to have a nice subtle downturn on the bars and they are narrow, yet "appear" like they would still have good control feel. The whole "attack bar" thing kinda makes those bikes come together for me.

I think Mike said he had some bar laying around and nothing to do tonight...

On a side note: I think I like Philly, because here in the stripper capitol of the world; Yes means maybe, maybe means no, and no means never.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackal
Those bars are begging to be mounted directly to the top clamp via ditching the risers...no?
if i was doing tbars i'd prolly do it that way. i think they'll sit back too far towards me when i want them more straight up and down.

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
I like it. They seem to have a nice subtle downturn on the bars and they are narrow, yet "appear" like they would still have good control feel. The whole "attack bar" thing kinda makes those bikes come together for me.

I think Mike said he had some bar laying around and nothing to do tonight...

On a side note: I think I like Philly, because here in the stripper capitol of the world; Yes means maybe, maybe means no, and no means never.
i did hear back from rene and price is more than reasonable, mike has plenty on his hands right now so i'm sure he won't lose sleep over it. he's acutally making me something else right now. lol. dude, **** capital of the world is hands down ohio. nothing at all out there but titty bars and strip clubs....THATS IT! oh and maybe a waffle house or two.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

What's rene making you... Exhaust? He seems pretty affordable. Especially after what he charged for the fender.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

he's gonna do my attack bars...exact copies of the last CO bike i just posted on the last page because they are so damn perfect! i was searching hi and low for about 1.5hrs last night for 8" attack bars for reference and bam! should have just gone to CO's website and saved myself the trouble.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

man how times have changed...and thank god for that! just take one look at that wolf beard/hair thing he's go goin on, my god! who am i kiddin, he prolly had 10 chix all waiting for him to get done doin this photo shoot for cryin out loud.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv

man how times have changed...and thank god for that! just take one look at that wolf beard/hair thing he's go goin on, my god! who am i kiddin, he prolly had 10 chix all waiting for him to get done doin this photo shoot for cryin out loud.
That dude is still slayin 'tang. And he looks the same to this very day.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you running handlebar switches still? Bars that narrow will make it tricky to do so..not to mention, they won't look as cool.

Also, you can have a bend in the uprights to keep the bars forward. The amount of bend depends on your liking. Here's a set I'm making for myself right now. They're similar to others I've made but the middle bend is more subtle for a more traditional arm position while riding.

I have the tree set in the vice to simulate a bike with a 30* rake so this is exactly how they'll sit on the bike.

Last edited by mreed; 04-24-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

Mreed, those bars are freakin awesome! Wish they were a little more narrow.

Bmx, whats the wait time for your new bars from rene?

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C