Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:19 PM
fatguy-littlebike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after much thought i've decided i want to go with a kickup fender in the rear like the guys at crazyorange m/c are doin, i freakin love the look and the fender still remains functional.

lol i wouldnt exactly call them functional

Old 11-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kind of dig the tanks. I think a 2.2 Sportster tank might look good as well.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
fatguy-littlebike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorback Rob
I kind of dig the tanks. I think a 2.2 Sportster tank might look good as well.
i think the 2.2s or the 3.3s would look better. those tanks are just too tall and skinny to me. to each their own though

Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 827 Likes on 374 Posts

nothing about those fenders started off as stock take offs. 99% sure they are run of the mill flat trailer fenders with hours and hours of metalworking done. Radiused to fit tight, rolled bead around the edges and hand formed bills on the ends. Not gonna pick one up off the innerwebs. Closest you can get is chopping, sectioning and narrowing a take off softail or dyna wide glide fender and mounting it all rolled forward like that. and as far as the skinny tanks go, you gotta look at the proportions of the whole bike. they are tiny everywhere, a 3.3 tank would look horrible, hell even the 2.2 would look out of place. jap dudes are skinny, so are their bikes.

Last edited by shiftace; 11-21-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fatguy-littlebike
llol i wouldnt exactly call them functional
looks like it'll keep dirt and water off my back, that's what i meant by functional.

Originally Posted by shiftace
nothing about those fenders started off as stock take offs. 99% sure they are run of the mill flat trailer fenders with hours and hours of metalworking done. Radiused to fit tight, rolled bead around the edges and hand formed bills on the ends. Not gonna pick one up off the innerwebs. Closest you can get is chopping, sectioning and narrowing a take off softail or dyna wide glide fender and mounting it all rolled forward like that.
oh i'm not looking to just pick one up and slap it on, i know it's gonna take some cutting and bending to makew it fit right but the fender i found is a good start. thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Lmfao

Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

so a forum member (46and2) turned me on to a guy over on chopcult named Rene who owns Mercury Moto, his own small fab parts business and from the looks of it, has a following over on that forum. the guy is stand up, from what i've read and had the ability to talk to him myself yesterday and i concur. he's also a big fan of the japanese sportster scene like myself and loves the stuff crazyorange mc is doing, we hit off immediately. he offered to make the fender for me and at the price he was throwing my way, i couldn't resist, chump change really for a guy that has an obvious skill and artful craft but just wants to help out guys like me. industry needs more of them dudes. so thanks 46and2, you rock dude! i'm gonna play around chopping and cutting my front fender up and see what i can come up with, maybe heat and bend it who cares, a good little way to learn on something that i really have no love lost for and don't care if i screw up but i can still get the look i want from Rene for next to nothing, no brainer imo. it will be fun chopping and grinding the rest of my struts though. lol. just thought i'd share, if anyone is looking for some quality fabbed parts, check him out!
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11209

Last edited by bmxatv; 11-26-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 AM
ArleeD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck BMX.

SICK fender mod... Gotta give those CrazyOrange boys lots of props....

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

thanks ArleeD. he just did an efi crazyorange inspired tank on some guys iron over on chopcult and it looks bitchin. some old school paint on that bitch and shes gonna look gnarly!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:14 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyorangemc#p/u

just in case anyone needs more spit in their drool cup.....

Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
so a forum member (46and2) turned me on to a guy over on chopcult named Rene who owns Mercury Moto, his own small fab parts business and from the looks of it, has a following over on that forum. the guy is stand up, from what i've read and had the ability to talk to him myself yesterday and i concur. <cut>
just thought i'd share, if anyone is looking for some quality fabbed parts, check him out!
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11209
Excellent man. Thanks! I've been monitoring chopcult off and on for a couple of weeks now but hadn't seen this guys work. Appreciate it. Lots of new ideas there.

Can't wait to see your new fender...

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C