Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
dont know h ow i missed this. might have been the butthole banter, anyways...been looking at suspension bushings and can't find the size i need or the shape. i will never, ever, in a million years put something from a skateboard on my bike. too many trees die to make stupid skaters happy. i'm gonna keep searching the car bumpers arena, i'm bound to find something. thx ufo.

Well, I didn't get involved in the butthole banter though I was rooting for pics of winkleman's winker...

I have some control arm and endlink bushings in the garage that I thought might have worked with the races out, but I think you are going to be better off getting something along the lines of your McMasters bumper up there, or finding something else from the automotive industry. Streetfighter has a good idea on the hood stops, though I think those will all be male threaded.

You can always get a threaded or blank insert and tap the thread pitch you need into it. Maybe more work than you were hoping for but I know you'll find what you want.

EDIT: Maybe here?: http://www.polyprod.com/urethane-bumpers.html

or... http://www.fixtureworks.net/ProductI...humbPath=2|0|0

and...http://www.precisionurethane.com/ure...FakERQoddGp0bw

I'm out of ideas bro, and still waiting for you to get attack bars.

Last edited by UFOtestpilot; 04-06-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Addendum
Old 04-06-2012, 10:00 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
Well, I didn't get involved in the butthole banter though I was rooting for pics of winkleman's winker...

I have some control arm and endlink bushings in the garage that I thought might have worked with the races out, but I think you are going to be better off getting something along the lines of your McMasters bumper up there, or finding something else from the automotive industry. Streetfighter has a good idea on the hood stops, though I think those will all be male threaded.

You can always get a threaded or blank insert and tap the thread pitch you need into it. Maybe more work than you were hoping for but I know you'll find what you want.

EDIT: Maybe here?: http://www.polyprod.com/urethane-bumpers.html

or... http://www.fixtureworks.net/ProductIndex/RubberUrethaneBumpers/tabid/116/Default.aspx?thumbPath=2|0|0

and...http://www.precisionurethane.com/ure...FakERQoddGp0bw

I'm out of ideas bro, and still waiting for you to get attack bars.
haha! wink's a good sport! i'm almost out of ideas too. gonna try to get to home depot and lowes. maybe i was looking in the wrong areas when i was there last time. i'll check out the links you provided too. yeah i'm leaning towards some attack bars, not too big though, i'm done with high bars or maybe some 10" tbars straight out the trees.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

well, wont be able to use the single bullet out back. looked a little deeper into the m/c laws in PA and if your bike was mfg. with turn sigs you gotta run em. needless to say, i aint tryin to get pulled over by the popo so went and got some 5/16" all thread and chopped it down to size and mounted them to the axle. they look really good there actually but i gotta extend my wires and i hate playing with electrical and soldering isn't my gig so a friend is gonna help out with that in an effort to avoid any electrical issues down the road that would require me to take **** apart. also got some 1 1/4" rubber bumpers from lowes that should work with a couple extra washers to give me enough clearance for the power cmdr under my seat so that's good. last thing i need to get squared away is the rear fender. i need to get a spacer machined to fit around the rear seat mount tab on the frame that allows the fender to drop closer to the wheel (which will provide clearance for the rear of the seat so it doesn't rub the fender) and keep it from moving left to right when tightened all the way down. i'll have some pics tomorrow, mastodon and opeth tonight at the electric factory in philly, WOOT WOOT!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
mastodon and opeth tonight at the electric factory in philly, WOOT WOOT!
Cool, going to see godsmack friday

Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

cool....not to go off on a tangent like we did on buttholes but i'm a metal head since birth and "made for radio" metal just doesn't sit well with me. bands like godsmack, disturbed, korn, limp bizkit etc. all have their place, just not in metal imo and we have mainstream media to thank for lumping everyone together. thanks media! enjoy it ROG, they were on mayhemfest tour last year (don't ask me why because they aint metal) and they did a medley of other bands songs which was the coolest part of their set and sully played drums, it actually wasn't that bad.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

Dude, you sound exactly like my oldest son (27) who has been preaching that to me for the last 12 years I know where your coming from and completely understand but like I tell him..........I like both. Ive seen mastodon several years ago and it rocked, Ive never seen godsmack so I wanna go Its all good........now back to our regularly scheduled biker ramblings

Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

One other thing......Ive noticed in the last 10 years or so...............Im definetly the old guy in the crowd...haha

Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to double check that law. I didn't run blinkers in PA.... I am almost positive you don't need them...... Unless you ride the schulkyll. LOL I know I spelled that wrong.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Hell yeah... I saw Opeth about two months ago.... Soulfly / OverKill are going to play down here in about a month... WAR FOR TERRITORY!!!!!!!!!!

METAL RULES !!!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

^^^something told me you'd be chiming in here joseph. i think mastodon teeters on the metal boundary line just the same. it's like melodic thrash but it's a free ticket so i aint complaining. all good rog, enjoy. you won't walk out on it, like i did when korn came on. fvck korn! they suck hairy silverback ***.

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C