Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrAzYoRaNgE M/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i live for the dirt, i love atv's, that's it basically. atv's and m/c's came pretty easy with a bmx racing background since i was 6 so at the time i signed up for the site in 08 i was into atv's BIGtime. there's the 5c tour....

Attached Thumbnails CrAzYoRaNgE M/C-2007_0723bloodyskillet0109.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

never owned a dirtbike though, would have loved an rm125 when i was a kid. just picked up track riding @ age 35 and was lovin it until dudes started dying everywhere around me. thought long and hard about it and decided to give it up. at least for this season. sometimes you gotta walk away from the **** you love or will kill you and take a long hard look at it. sux but it is what it is. again, at least i got plenty of these....

Attached Thumbnails CrAzYoRaNgE M/C-rb8_7553-1024x680-.jpg   CrAzYoRaNgE M/C-rb8_5875-1024x680-.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

400ex? Sweet. Specs? I've got an 07 z400 that I Probably spent more money on than I orginally wanted to. I love it though. Waiting for my head to get back from being ported, then I'll be tearing into the motor. Stainless valves, cams, 434 cylinder and piston, bigger carb, open intake etc. after that I'm leaving it alone for a while.

*end hijack

Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

good grief that thing is dialed. yeah it was a 400ex, yoshi slip on, modified airbox, nerfs, itp's (but those beadlock wheels are dope!) was justa fun, fast and fairly light little bike. sold it to make room for the track bike so i only currently have the polaris for the wife which doesn't get much seat time right now, it sits at my mtn house all year round. already got my eye on another one though, bulletproof motor on that ex. thanks for sharing brutha!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some urethane bushings from a control arm or...? There has to be some suspension component bushing out there that is exactly the size you need and is built to withstand autocross abuse that will surely fit the bill.

Maybe a couple of heavy duty bushings from a skate shop stacked on a bolt? (you know the flat ended cylindrical bushings from the trucks?)

Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanna see dialed?

Impressive list of mods here: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/2935842809.html

I didn't figure ya for an ATV rider Mike. I use to HATE em till I got one to pull my WaveRunner around with, then started riding my uncle's Raptor around the track and pretty well went dual at that point. It also made it easier to convert from 2-stroke to 4 since I was such a skeptic. Finally got tired of riding alone last summer so I'm sellin' off the dirtbikes to fund this damned Sportster habit. Got my eye on stage-II.

Old DK Legacy:

Current Banshee before 8" front rotor and other odds / ends. Love those 24" 48's:

Sry for the hijack.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Jackal
Road Master

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
How about some urethane bushings from a control arm or...? There has to be some suspension component bushing out there that is exactly the size you need and is built to withstand autocross abuse that will surely fit the bill.

Maybe a couple of heavy duty bushings from a skate shop stacked on a bolt? (you know the flat ended cylindrical bushings from the trucks?)
Huge selection of Energy Suspension urethane at Jegs if so.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
good grief that thing is dialed. yeah it was a 400ex, yoshi slip on, modified airbox, nerfs, itp's (but those beadlock wheels are dope!) was justa fun, fast and fairly light little bike. sold it to make room for the track bike so i only currently have the polaris for the wife which doesn't get much seat time right now, it sits at my mtn house all year round. already got my eye on another one though, bulletproof motor on that ex. thanks for sharing brutha!

Thanks man, it's hard to kill those old 400's. I just finished tearing it down and powdercoating a bunch of crap a few months ago. I don't race or do tracks, just ride trails and dunes with friends.

The main stuff:
Hydrodynamic +2 ST a arms
TCS Triple rate remote ressie shocks
Houser +1.25" ST swing arm
Elka rear shock and linkage with remote ressie
Lonestar +2 axle
Hiper beadlocks(single lock up front with Kenda MX fronts and dual beadlock with direct hub mounts with Razr MX rears)

It handled on a rail but I wanted more pull so I'm waiting on more stuff to come in to build up the motor
Cylinder Works 94mm(434cc) kit/12:5:1 piston
Kibblewhite valves and springs
WebCams 540/539 cams
39mm FCR carb
Deleting the air box completely

It should go pretty good. If it wasn't for spending a bunch of money on it I would have ordered those Firestones for the bike but I'll hold off for a bit.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is turning into a random thread. We got bikes, Atvs, bicycles, buttholes, angry grandpa, dirt bikes ..... What's next? LOL

Old 04-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Jackal
Road Master

You forgot sticky nugs...lol.

Quick Reply: CrAzYoRaNgE M/C