Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012 | 06:43 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Imold
That is so clean looking - almost a shame we need front brakes, imagine... The seat color really makes the color scheme flow, and the plate (never seen one there before) location sure makes for a clean back end. Don't see many Harley's I think look really unique, and this one isn't in the basic layout - but the details really set it apart from the rest. You done fantastic, now I'm waiting for the video.
Thanks Imold. I do like the seat now that it's all finished. I was questioning that choice a while back but now that it's done I love it. It flows even better in person. The plate bracket idea I first saw on the Sex Panther sporty over on Chop Cult. I'm not sure exactly how he mounted his and it didn't have the ignition switch integrated, but that's where my inspiration on that came from. Ozzie made it happen.

I'm working on the video...

Old 08-05-2012 | 06:45 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by skulz1
That bike is sweet to the 10th Power! Damn good work there, Congrats. Now get out and ride that "Zombie".
Thanks squared, skulz.

Old 08-05-2012 | 06:48 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by doobs48
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!! Or should I say, IT'S WALKING DEAD??!!! Haha. Either way it looks phenomenal Ergo!! I'll bet riding her for the first time was simply amazing. Great work by you and Oz!!
Thanks doobs. God, the feelings I had yesterday were hard to describe. All the tension getting ready to fire it up...putting it in gear...letting out the clutch...everything working the way it was supposed to!! Damn it felt good.

Old 08-05-2012 | 06:50 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by doobs48
Also, my GoPro has a flip video button in the menu. Not sure if that is a new feature on the Hero 2 or not but it might be in the menu.
Ya, it was my fault on the video. I should have prepared better. But I'll get a good one soon. Maybe more than one.

Old 08-05-2012 | 06:59 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

Hello?

Old 08-05-2012 | 07:11 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Info on that seat and bracket. I want something just like it but all I can find are weld-on hinges!!!

Bike looks great... we need a lot more pics!
Thanks street.

The seat bracket was created by Ozzie out of the rear tank mounting bracket that he cut off when doing the speedo mod. It's actually a long piece of steel that runs the full length of the tank down the tunnel. Here's a pic of what it looks like after cutting it out of the tank.
Name:  0109121441a.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  85.3 KB

He cut the end off just past the first hole and when you flip it around it's a perfect seat bracket. Drilled another hole for the second stud on the underside of the seat, did some grinding to smooth things out, blast and paint. Done. Bolts right up to the rear tank mounting point on the frame.

The seat I got from Mother Road Customs. Love it. Very well made. They also have some pretty good looking mounting brackets...

Sorry for the delay. I gotta get a new laptop. Running photobucket and the forum and searching the web at the same time tends to lock this thing up and I have to reboot a dozen times to do one post. Ugh.

Last edited by Ergonight; 08-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2012 | 07:14 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by SportEone2
Everything I thought it would be. Great job guys, and I'm glad you can ride her now. Whats next?
Test ride it for a few hundred miles, keeping it relatively close to the shop in case there's a problem. After that I'll just keep riding until it's too cold to hold on.

Old 08-05-2012 | 07:20 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
Well done sir, congratulations!

I hope you are enjoying the payoff for all of those long hours of stress, work, and difficult decisions that all projects seem to have.
Thanks UFO. I didn't get to see her today but that ride yesterday was so sweet it'll hold me for a day or two. Gotta get back in there though and clean it up before I take it out again. Sitting in the shop for months and it's collected a lot of dust everywhere.

Old 08-05-2012 | 07:21 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ElTed
OUTSTANDING SIR!!!

My stock '07 sporty is happy to see his brother rise like a phoenix!!!

Well done...You have inspired me.

-T-
Thanks Ted.

Old 08-05-2012 | 07:25 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Just a girl on a Sunday night lurking around the forum and low and behold I find this thread while checking out how to clean my bf's black wheels on his flhp. I became seriously hooked and read every post looking for the finished product. I am in awe and amazed you were able to do this. Congrats and ride, ride, ride. You deserve it...so does your very patient wife who must have felt like a HD widow during this build.
Anytime you plan on riding around Columbia co, NY, look me up. I'd love to see this baby in person and congratulate you, and your wife, on a job well done!!
Thanks locked. Lets just say she's as happy to have it completed as I am.

If I plan a ride down your way I will drop you a note ahead of time...

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover