Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012 | 07:22 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by aqcr_28
^^^ that's a work of art right there!!

Originally Posted by IVthCrusade
fantastic work! i love seeing this thread bumped to the top when i come to this site. always great to see the progress and new ideas
Thank you, gentlemen.

I phucked up today. Spent my lunch hour running out to the shop to put a quick coat of paint on the bars. Oz beat me to it and must have sprayed them last night, which was great. There was a small bubble underneath the right bar so I quickly sanded that out and put another coat on everything. Went back to work. After work I swung by the shop to see how they turned out. They were beautiful, so beautiful I couldn't resist messing with them. They'd been drying for five hours and felt dry to the touch so I figured I'd stick them on the bike and snap some pics. I am dying to see what they look like on the bike. Bad move. The paint, despite feeling dry to the touch was still soft. I set them down on the bench for five seconds and when I picked them up again there were marks all ove the paint. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. No time, I left them there. I'll have to go back tomorrow when they are completely dry, sand the marks out and repaint them.

That's what happens when you get in too much of a hurry...

Old 06-11-2012 | 07:52 PM
quadrcr87
Cruiser

Just read the entire thread, great work and I look forward to the finished product.

Old 06-12-2012 | 06:39 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by quadrcr87
Just read the entire thread, great work and I look forward to the finished product.
Thanks quad.

Old 06-12-2012 | 06:48 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

It seems that it's going to become a year-long project. We are already at the end of Spring!

Old 06-12-2012 | 06:55 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ergonight
Thank you, gentlemen.

I phucked up today. Spent my lunch hour running out to the shop to put a quick coat of paint on the bars. Oz beat me to it and must have sprayed them last night, which was great. There was a small bubble underneath the right bar so I quickly sanded that out and put another coat on everything. Went back to work. After work I swung by the shop to see how they turned out. They were beautiful, so beautiful I couldn't resist messing with them. They'd been drying for five hours and felt dry to the touch so I figured I'd stick them on the bike and snap some pics. I am dying to see what they look like on the bike. Bad move. The paint, despite feeling dry to the touch was still soft. I set them down on the bench for five seconds and when I picked them up again there were marks all ove the paint. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. No time, I left them there. I'll have to go back tomorrow when they are completely dry, sand the marks out and repaint them. That's what happens when you get in too much of a hurry...

Been there, done that - nothing more frustrating! I've learned to walk away after painting or gluing something and forget about it until I know it is fully dried. Doesn't help my angst too much, but it eliminates do-overs. I feel your pain...

Old 06-12-2012 | 07:28 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Voony
It seems that it's going to become a year-long project. We are already at the end of Spring!
Ya, I know. Hey thanks for reminding me Voony.

Old 06-12-2012 | 07:32 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Thumper26
Been there, done that - nothing more frustrating! I've learned to walk away after painting or gluing something and forget about it until I know it is fully dried. Doesn't help my angst too much, but it eliminates do-overs. I feel your pain...
I'm still steaming over it. Stupid move. Waste of precious time. No reason to ***** with it last night besides curiosity. Argh.

Thanks man.

Old 06-12-2012 | 01:44 PM
FlatIron
Tourer

Damn dude, I don't wanna donut but I think I'm gonna have to steal your switch idea... Where did you get those switches?

Old 06-12-2012 | 01:49 PM
Jackal
Road Master

Originally Posted by FlatIron
Damn dude, I don't wanna donut but I think I'm gonna have to steal your switch idea... Where did you get those switches?
Can I have the donut?

Old 06-12-2012 | 02:10 PM
FlatIron
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jackal
Can I have the donut?
Hahah dumbass auto correct... I meant do not .... Douche lol

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover