Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012 | 11:52 AM
Jackal
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ergonight
Thanks Jackal. Ya, I think the trail is gonna be fine. Thanks for the info on the air shocks. My biggest issue right now with them is finding the individual brass air valves for adding air. They came with brass plugs installed plus the air line kit for linking them together. I don't want to run air lines around the bike, I just want each shock to have it's own air fitting, but I can't find the damn things anywhere locally. Guess I'll have to order them online.
I got mine form Phoenix Customs and they look top notch. They forgot to install em for me so they just sent em to me after the fact, but think they got me for like $15 or so. I also didn't care for air lines, and nothing to adjusting em separately with the Progressive air shock pump from Phat. Love that thing. I got the 0-30 psi pump but think I'd have been better served by the next larger pump since I nearly max this one out, but this one would be perfect if you were to add valves to the forks as well.

Old 04-16-2012 | 01:02 PM
HERE
Road Warrior

Ergo if you have an O'Reilly's Auto Parts near you the valves are part#15-593

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:08 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by guitarman023
It's looking good man. I think I bought most of my hardware from MSC, 25 dollar minimum, but they've got lots of other cool stuff. The frame looks great all smoothed out, might have to do the same to mine someday.
Thanks GM. Fastenal seems to have most of what I need. I bought a bunch of stuff today. When I know I'm gonna need something I'll take the bolt(s) to be replaced with me to work and swing by Fastenal during lunch to match it up.

The frame is freakin awesome...

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:15 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by bmxatv
looks good ergo. bike's gonna have a nice stance!
Thanks man. Hey bmx, is that your ride in your avatar or one from Crazy Orange? I know you were going with that look and that bike looks amazing!

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:18 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Martads Bobber
That thing is going to look fierce rolling down the road. The front tire and wheel look great
Fierce. Ya. Exactly what I'm hoping for. Thanks Martads.

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:23 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jackal
I got mine form Phoenix Customs and they look top notch. They forgot to install em for me so they just sent em to me after the fact, but think they got me for like $15 or so. I also didn't care for air lines, and nothing to adjusting em separately with the Progressive air shock pump from Phat. Love that thing. I got the 0-30 psi pump but think I'd have been better served by the next larger pump since I nearly max this one out, but this one would be perfect if you were to add valves to the forks as well.
Ya man, I broke down and bought the Harley pump a while back. I think it goes up over 50 psi.

I never thought of asking Phoenix Customs. They sent them back to me with just the plugs installed, which is the way they were when I sent them out there. I'll have to shoot them an email and see what they say. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:26 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by HERE
Ergo if you have an O'Reilly's Auto Parts near you the valves are part#15-593
Thanks HERE, but I just checked online and they don't have a store east of Ohio or North of Virgina.

I'll find 'em, but will probably have to order them online...

Old 04-16-2012 | 03:52 PM
HERE
Road Warrior

Heck if you have trouble finding them PM me your address. I'll pick up a couple and mail them to you. They're cheap and there's an O'Reillys on every block here it seems.

Old 04-16-2012 | 04:04 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by HERE
Heck if you have trouble finding them PM me your address. I'll pick up a couple and mail them to you. They're cheap and there's an O'Reillys on every block here it seems.
Haha...ya man. Excellent. I may take you up on that. Let me do some more checking.

Old 04-16-2012 | 05:12 PM
madchemist24
Road Master

Really coming along nicely. So wishing i had either the time, skillz or shop to make the mods i pictured for my bike....one day. Thanks for the detailed thread.

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover