Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012 | 07:41 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member

Holy ****! $145 for a timing cover!? Omg!

Old 04-09-2012 | 06:14 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Holy ****! $145 for a timing cover!? Omg!
Ya, I hear you. But in this case, for me it was worth it.

Old 04-09-2012 | 08:09 AM
doobs48
Tourer

Looks effing fantastic Ergo!! And I think $145 is a small price to pay for a tribute to Oz and his business. He has done some amazing work on this build with you. I'm sure he appreciates the gesture.

I don't know about anyone else.. maybe I missed this in a previous post even though I thought I have been following this pretty closely.. but I'm still curious what the custom handlebars are going look like. Can't wait to see this build "complete."

Old 04-09-2012 | 08:36 AM
leprechaun667
Cruiser

$145 Thats a drop in the bucket for a "one of a kind"
I'd love to have a shop to build a bike. The tools I need and a experienced mechanic to back me up right there for the whole project. Hell Yea!!
I would put the shops logo anywhere he wanted it on my bike and wear the logo proudly.
I think it's nice as hell that he's giving the shop the recognition it deserves.
Where else can ya put a logo on there?
Hats off to you on a great project. Keep up the great work. It's looking awesome thus far

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:34 PM
SadisticMedic
4th Gear

Ergonight,
I was checking out your latest pictures and I'm wondering where you're going to mount your rear master cylinder if you're going to keep that modified pulley cover? I don't remember from the previous posts if you have forward controls with the master cylinder at the brake pedal. I'm getting to the point where I need to decide what I'm going to do with mine, and I've been looking for other people's solutions. Looks great so far. Getting the engine in the frame is the hardest part. Well, you can always hope anyway. Getting the pulley off was the hardest for me since my rear wheel has a chain sprocket so I've been trying to fix the damn thing in place and break the nut loose. Broken 4 bolts, 3 pairs of vice grips and bent a 90 degree bend in 1/8 inch flat stock. : icon_twisted: Impact wrench is next. It may force me to finally get an air compressor and impact driver.

Last edited by SadisticMedic; 04-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2012 | 07:16 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by doobs48
Looks effing fantastic Ergo!! And I think $145 is a small price to pay for a tribute to Oz and his business. He has done some amazing work on this build with you. I'm sure he appreciates the gesture.

I don't know about anyone else.. maybe I missed this in a previous post even though I thought I have been following this pretty closely.. but I'm still curious what the custom handlebars are going look like. Can't wait to see this build "complete."
Thanks doobs! We're still thinking about the bars and discussing various options. I'll update on that when we come up with something concrete.

Doing this on the road from my droid...

Old 04-10-2012 | 07:19 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by leprechaun667
$145 Thats a drop in the bucket for a "one of a kind"
I'd love to have a shop to build a bike. The tools I need and a experienced mechanic to back me up right there for the whole project. Hell Yea!!
I would put the shops logo anywhere he wanted it on my bike and wear the logo proudly.
I think it's nice as hell that he's giving the shop the recognition it deserves.
Where else can ya put a logo on there?
Hats off to you on a great project. Keep up the great work. It's looking awesome thus far
Thanks Lep. I really could never do something like this without all the help and shop resources. It is really nice.

Old 04-10-2012 | 07:29 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by SadisticMedic
Ergonight,
I was checking out your latest pictures and I'm wondering where you're going to mount your rear master cylinder if you're going to keep that modified pulley cover? I don't remember from the previous posts if you have forward controls with the master cylinder at the brake pedal. I'm getting to the point where I need to decide what I'm going to do with mine, and I've been looking for other people's solutions. Looks great so far. Getting the engine in the frame is the hardest part. Well, you can always hope anyway. Getting the pulley off was the hardest for me since my rear wheel has a chain sprocket so I've been trying to fix the damn thing in place and break the nut loose. Broken 4 bolts, 3 pairs of vice grips and bent a 90 degree bend in 1/8 inch flat stock. : icon_twisted: Impact wrench is next. It may force me to finally get an air compressor and impact driver.
Thanks Medic! My rear master cylinder bolts on a bracket that mounts on the lower back of the frame, right behind the sprocket cover but not attached to it. So I don't think there are any issues with the chopped cover. I had it all mounted and connected before breaking everything down for powder coating. Good luck with your pulley.

Old 04-10-2012 | 08:08 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ergonight
It was exactly what I asked for. I think it was worth it.
That right there is all that matters regarding any part up to the whole project!

I'm digging the stuff I've seen so far. Some well thought-out solutions along the way and a clean simple twist on the color combinations at the motor.

Old 04-10-2012 | 09:50 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
That right there is all that matters regarding any part up to the whole project!

I'm digging the stuff I've seen so far. Some well thought-out solutions along the way and a clean simple twist on the color combinations at the motor.
Thanks UFO. So far so good. I'm hoping it all works in the end.

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover