Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012 | 05:47 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ergonight
Like I said, they look much blacker than the pics indicate.
The fifth picture with the heat lamp in view makes it look pretty black.

I can't imagine what you're going through emotionally in wanting to get this finished. Every time I see updates for this thread I get excited. It's gotta be ten-fold for you.

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:10 PM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by scaldwellk
That is looking really great. Are you a retired Marine? I am an Army Gulf War Vet.
I'm a Civil War vet...

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:16 PM
scaldwellk
Tourer

Originally Posted by rickss69
I'm a Civil War vet...
I like that post.

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:34 PM
DeeRumAHHH
Intermediate

Hell ya man. Maybe sometime around mid July at the rate this is going.

Lucky bastard...it's gonna be 70 degrees this weekend...
haha yeah i've been out and about..this week is supposed to be awesome 82 on thursday!

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:47 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by scaldwellk
That is looking really great. Are you a retired Marine? I am an Army Gulf War Vet.
I am, sort of. Grunt officer type and did my 5 year active duty tour post Vietnam. Was in the reserve for the Gulf and despite my best effort could not get activated. I did twenty total years (active and reserve) but for a variety of life-got-in-the-way reasons didn't get enough sat years to draw a pension. Never heard a shot fired in anger, which used to be a disappointment when I was younger. Now that I'm older an (a bit) wiser I am just as happy to have missed that.

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:52 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by GWinkleman
The fifth picture with the heat lamp in view makes it look pretty black.

I can't imagine what you're going through emotionally in wanting to get this finished. Every time I see updates for this thread I get excited. It's gotta be ten-fold for you.

haha...thanks GW. I said to myself as I walked away from the shop this afternoon...this whole project is an exercise in extreme patience.

Old 03-20-2012 | 06:58 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

I'm a Civil War vet...
Damn, I had you pegged as one of Teddy R's Rough Riders.

Old 03-20-2012 | 07:01 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeeRumAHHH
haha yeah i've been out and about..this week is supposed to be awesome 82 on thursday!
Hey, now you can just keep that kinda talk to yourself buster. No fair rubbing it in.

Old 03-20-2012 | 07:27 PM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I am, sort of. Grunt officer type and did my 5 year active duty tour post Vietnam. Was in the reserve for the Gulf and despite my best effort could not get activated. I did twenty total years (active and reserve) but for a variety of life-got-in-the-way reasons didn't get enough sat years to draw a pension. Never heard a shot fired in anger, which used to be a disappointment when I was younger. Now that I'm older an (a bit) wiser I am just as happy to have missed that.
I second that...I was always more concerned about my own guys behind me than I was of what was in front of me. I'd seen those idiots shoot before...

Old 03-20-2012 | 07:43 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

I second that...I was always more concerned about my own guys behind me than I was of what was in front of me. I'd seen those idiots shoot before...
The closest I came to getting killed while on active duty was on the grenade range when the Company Gunny, a Vietman vet who'd probably tossed hundreds in combat, fumbled a live one and dropped it right on top of the birm of our foxhole. As luck would have it, it rolled away from us and not back into our hole. Oooops. <KABLAM>

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover