Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Winter Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012 | 10:18 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Helibee
I thought I'd throw my appreciation into the mix as well. Great thread and ideas. Ergo, did you end up using load equalizers for the turn signals and taillight bar? I've ordered the barend signals and am looking at the rear fender light bar. Love the look and I think the clean looks awesome. Great job again, Ergo!
Thanks Hel. Nope, no equalizer. The LED signal lights flash faster than stock without it but I actually think it's more noticable that way so I didn't bother to install one. No problems at all so far.

Good luck with your lights. I love the stripped down look with no visible tail light.

Old 08-22-2012 | 08:08 PM
ddelisle
Cruiser

Great job Ergo! That is one bad *** bike for sure. Def worth the wait!!

Old 08-23-2012 | 07:17 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ddelisle
Great job Ergo! That is one bad *** bike for sure. Def worth the wait!!
Thanks man. Got about 400 miles on it now, mostly 2 lane county and state highways...about 40 interstate miles, some downtown cruising, and I am lovin the way it rides. Definitely worth the wait for me.

Old 08-27-2012 | 11:20 AM
12_Nightster
Advanced

Awesome build man! You guys did a hell of a job

Old 08-27-2012 | 11:30 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 12_Nightster
Awesome build man! You guys did a hell of a job
Thanks Nightster. She's still running great. 500 miles and still ticking along nicely. I guess it's time to quit worrying about something falling off. I've been checking it pretty closely before each ride and nothing has loosened up, shifted or come out of alignment, so I am pleased.

For those in the upstate NY area who are still following this thread, Ozzie and I are tentatively planning to attend the Catskill Mountain Thunder Motorcycle Rally in East Durham, Sunday September 16th, to enter the bike show. Weather (and other stuff) permitting. The rally runs the entire weekend but the show is on Sunday. I have no illusions or delusions about winning anything, especially with my home grown rattle can paint job. But it should be fun to put the bike on display and talk to people about what we did.

I gotta say that everywhere I go people come up to me and drool over the bike, ask what it is and just generally love the hell out of it. As just one example, I rode it to work last week and the toll collector at the Thruway toll plaza chewed my ear for at least a minute, telling me how much he loved it and asking all kinds of questions while 7am rush hour traffic lined up behind me. Later that day I rode it to a shopping plaza for lunch and was sitting outside eating a sandwich when a local motor cop rode up and parked right next to my bike. He stood there and walked around it for about five minutes and spoke with several guys who happened to walk by and stop, pointing and nodding to each other as they talked. It was parked about 40 yards away from where I was sitting and I couldn't tell what they were saying or what he was doing...I just kept eating and didn't go over. Then I saw him put his cell phone back in his shirt pocket...he was taking pictures of it. I don't know, maybe it's up on a bulletin board at the PD with a note to keep an eye out for this badass Sportster running around town with no tail light. But he eventually got on his bike and rode away and I figure he simply liked the way it looked. Finally, at the end of the day I couldn't get out of the parking lot at work because another guy I'd never seen before came up and wanted to ask all kinds of questions about it. It looked like he was sitting in his car waiting for me to come out of the building and I'll bet we talked for ten minutes.

After all the work that went into it, it's nice to have it on the road.

Last edited by Ergonight; 08-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2012 | 04:54 PM
dozer37
Novice

Sick!

Old 08-29-2012 | 07:04 PM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Thanks Doz.

Old 09-02-2012 | 09:33 PM
K9Tamer
Cruiser

Amazing write up. Inspiration to go out and do some work for sure. I bet it is worth every second of the time spent building it. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Old 09-02-2012 | 10:27 PM
FlatIron
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ergonight
Thanks Nightster. She's still running great. 500 miles and still ticking along nicely. I guess it's time to quit worrying about something falling off. I've been checking it pretty closely before each ride and nothing has loosened up, shifted or come out of alignment, so I am pleased.

Catskills
For those in the upstate NY area who are still following this thread, Ozzie and I are tentatively planning to attend the Catskill Mountain Thunder Motorcycle Rally in East Durham, Sunday September 16th, to enter the bike show. Weather (and other stuff) permitting. The rally runs the entire weekend but the show is on Sunday. I have no illusions or delusions about winning anything, especially with my home grown rattle can paint job. But it should be fun to put the bike on display and talk to people about what we did.

I gotta say that everywhere I go people come up to me and drool over the bike, ask what it is and just generally love the hell out of it. As just one example, I rode it to work last week and the toll collector at the Thruway toll plaza chewed my ear for at least a minute, telling me how much he loved it and asking all kinds of questions while 7am rush hour traffic lined up behind me. Later that day I rode it to a shopping plaza for lunch and was sitting outside eating a sandwich when a local motor cop rode up and parked right next to my bike. He stood there and walked around it for about five minutes and spoke with several guys who happened to walk by and stop, pointing and nodding to each other as they talked. It was parked about 40 yards away from where I was sitting and I couldn't tell what they were saying or what he was doing...I just kept eating and didn't go over. Then I saw him put his cell phone back in his shirt pocket...he was taking pictures of it. I don't know, maybe it's up on a bulletin board at the PD with a note to keep an eye out for this badass Sportster running around town with no tail light. But he eventually got on his bike and rode away and I figure he simply liked the way it looked. Finally, at the end of the day I couldn't get out of the parking lot at work because another guy I'd never seen before came up and wanted to ask all kinds of questions about it. It looked like he was sitting in his car waiting for me to come out of the building and I'll bet we talked for ten minutes.

After all the work that went into it, it's nice to have it on the road.
Catskills are about 2 hours from me... I think I would be willing to ride up with you man! We can meet somewhere in the middle. Hit me up with your cell number so we can be in touch!

Old 09-03-2012 | 07:50 AM
Ergonight
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by K9Tamer
Amazing write up. Inspiration to go out and do some work for sure. I bet it is worth every second of the time spent building it. Thanks for sharing the experience.
You got that right K9! The thing is fun as hell to ride. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Nightster Winter Makeover