Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Magnum cables..... done.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:27 AM
aztsm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What legnth did you end up going with?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
aztsm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What legnth did you end up goind with?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 AM
erbilabuc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im just messing around. It is your bike

Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I still think the cables look great. Only thing I would change out would be the tank, rocker boxes, change the seat to a springer, bob the rear fender, take off the front fender, change the wheels out to some spokes, flip the mirrors back up, put some solid struts on the bike, mid glide front end, Fatboy headlight, kickstarter, Bassani exhaust, custom paint the tins... possibly change the color too, 250 rear tire kit, Iso Grips, fuel gauge, flush mounted gas cap, oil temp gauge on the cap, tachometer, speedo relocation, suicide shifter, forward controls, highway bars, chrome derby cover, chrome ignition cover, whitewall tires,springer front end with black powder coated front springs, french the taillights into the fender, powder coat the rotors, remove the chain cover, replace the belt guard with a Nightster guard, put a Forty Eight tank on it, Joker air cleaner, Roland Sands brake res. cover, sissybar, P-pad, swap the front and rear signals, hide all the cables, Kuryakyn pegs, bar end mirrors, tank lift, hide the wires, and fringe... gotta have TONS of fringe! Come on man, you're a biker, it's a must!
Past that, there is not a single thing I would change on that bike!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 AM
warrick
Banned

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
I still think the cables look great. Only thing I would change out would be the tank, rocker boxes, change the seat to a springer, bob the rear fender, take off the front fender, change the wheels out to some spokes, flip the mirrors back up, put some solid struts on the bike, mid glide front end, Fatboy headlight, kickstarter, Bassani exhaust, custom paint the tins... possibly change the color too, 250 rear tire kit, Iso Grips, fuel gauge, flush mounted gas cap, oil temp gauge on the cap, tachometer, speedo relocation, suicide shifter, forward controls, highway bars, chrome derby cover, chrome ignition cover, whitewall tires,springer front end with black powder coated front springs, french the taillights into the fender, powder coat the rotors, remove the chain cover, replace the belt guard with a Nightster guard, put a Forty Eight tank on it, Joker air cleaner, Roland Sands brake res. cover, sissybar, P-pad, swap the front and rear signals, hide all the cables, Kuryakyn pegs, bar end mirrors, tank lift, hide the wires, and fringe... gotta have TONS of fringe! Come on man, you're a biker, it's a must!
Past that, there is not a single thing I would change on that bike!
Well of course I am gonna do that stuff, thanks for the list...

Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 AM
warrick
Banned

Originally Posted by aztsm
What legnth did you end up going with?
I believe they went 4-5" under stock length. I have to call about something today, will see if he still has that info.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warrick
Well of course I am gonna do that stuff, thanks for the list...
Shwew! Had me skeerd there for a minute! By the way, how do they feel?Any drag or noise?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
warrick
Banned

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Shwew! Had me skeerd there for a minute! By the way, how do they feel?Any drag or noise?

Sorry, maybe a little foggy this morning.

any drag or noise? How does what feel?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
motorcycletom
Intermediate

I have always used Magnum cable or brake lines on my bikes. They have a large selection of sizes and can make the custom cables also. The bike looks good. Its the details that get you a clean look and all those little things adding up get from the usual to something cool. I saw in Drags catalog another option for those that want to do their own work. Magnum has build your own cables in stainless and black. The black are not braided, but have black ends and cheaper.