Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLY @#$% Cycle Shack slip ons!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:03 PM
parabellum_9x19
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default HOLY @#$% Cycle Shack slip ons!!!

I just swapped out my stock mufflers for a set of Cycle Shack slip ons, on my 2012 Iron 883.

HOLY S#$T.

Seriously, I don't know if words can possibly convey how amazing these pipes sound. Its like if the Angel Gabriel himself was sitting on the back of your bike, using his golden trumpet as your exhaust, slaying all those before you with stock exhaust.

My god. Sweet zombie Jesus on fire. These pipes are incredible.

A word of warning though, they are LOUD. I have run straight drag pipes before with no baffles, and these are probably 75% as loud as those. They are WAY WAY louder than the stock mufflers, and WAY louder than the SE slip ons. If you value your long term hearing, I'll tell you right now that these pipes will probably do some hearing damage to you over a long period of time. My ears aren't ringing after my 20 mile test ride, but when you get these on, you will know what I'm talking about. Its like the guys at Cycle Shack had a contest to see which one of them could design a baffle that actually amplifies sound rather than muffle it.

But seriously, it doesn't matter. The amazing deep rumble of these pipes is so orgasmically incredible, that I'll gladly trade losing a few thousand Hz off my upper register when I'm 60+, for the experience of running these pipes.

My god. Go straight to the nearest computer and order these if you want your XL to sound like a real Harley, and while you are at it, slap someone in the exhaust design department of HD and the EPA, because the men and women at Cycle Shack just stole the entire show.

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:05 PM
jockeyshiftjoe
Cruiser

Please post a takeoff/driveby/idle video PLEASE

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:08 PM
parabellum_9x19
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Also, slap someone at Vance and Hines too, because for half the money, Cycle Shack figured out how to get WAY more tone out of a set of $150 slip ons, than V&H can get out of $400 exhaust systems.

I'm serious Vance and Hines, you had better go kidnap some of the guys over at Cycle Shack and force them to tell you their secrets, because I've run your loud, harsh, slappy exhaust systems before and clearly you need some new ideas.

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:18 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jockeyshiftjoe
Please post a takeoff/driveby/idle video PLEASE
I just installed SE SP's and love them. I am already on the downslope to 60 and didn't want to add to the hearing damage that 60's and 70's rock concerts already did. But I'd love to hear a video of yours. If you have a before and after, that would be really cool.

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:39 PM
ride2tires
Road Master

Para-
If you "just" put them on.... give it sometime. The tone will become MUCH better sounding.
When I first put mine on in 2006, I was a bit skeptical as they sounded a little "tinney" to my ear. Though, after some miles, the tone got much, MUCH better.
Glad you are a happy camper!

Old 10-03-2011 | 10:21 PM
TexFF
Road Master

AWESOME review! I feel like I've already heard them. Now take them off & send them to me. I need to hear Gabriel's trumpet on the back of MY bike!

Old 10-03-2011 | 10:34 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

I have Cycle Shack drag pipes. Love them to death. Now, can we have a video of your slip-ons?

Old 10-04-2011 | 12:15 AM
parabellum_9x19
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually in my case I bought them with a few thousand miles on them from another forum member here so mine came (like a good cast iron skillet) pre-seasoned.

I will be SURE to shoot some video, I know that my camera won't do the pipes justice, but I'll do my best. I'm using a Sony NEX-5 which does brilliant 1080P HD video, but to capture sound this loud and dynamic you really need a quality condenser mic.

My buddy has a pro HD setup with a condenser (same setup that many indy films have been made with), I need to get him to shoot me doing some fly-bys on the bike, it would sound pretty much true to life.

Old 10-04-2011 | 12:31 AM
jockeyshiftjoe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Actually in my case I bought them with a few thousand miles on them from another forum member here so mine came (like a good cast iron skillet) pre-seasoned.

I will be SURE to shoot some video, I know that my camera won't do the pipes justice, but I'll do my best. I'm using a Sony NEX-5 which does brilliant 1080P HD video, but to capture sound this loud and dynamic you really need a quality condenser mic.

My buddy has a pro HD setup with a condenser (same setup that many indy films have been made with), I need to get him to shoot me doing some fly-bys on the bike, it would sound pretty much true to life.
Can't wait to hear em, never expected this much hype about slip ons, Cycle Shack must shove some feel good grass up in them pipes when they ship em out

Old 10-04-2011 | 01:22 AM
mhenry
Cruiser

Are they really that much better than the V&H straight shots and the SE's I have been looking for some slip ons and have been torn being that i have never heard any of them on a sportster you got just the slip ons right not the whole package also what size did you get im curious i dont know if im right and please correct me if im wrong but size would change pitch??

Last edited by mhenry; 10-04-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: another question

Quick Reply: HOLY @#$% Cycle Shack slip ons!!!