Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

48 blinker relocation

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 48 blinker relocation

Saw someone did this, never saw it on a 48 so thought Id try. I like it, though its not an ideal location they seem to stand out more not being washed out by the headlight.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Saw someone did this, never saw it on a 48 so thought Id try. I like it, though its not an ideal location they seem to stand out more not being washed out by the headlight.

I think it's a neat concept and looks pretty cool, but don't fool yourself into thinking that anyone else on the road is going to see them!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

I dont know.........I made a point to look at it before, then after, I know its the same light but they SEEM brighter not being right next to the headlight. But.......could just be me cause I spent several hours doing it

Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rog48
I dont know.........I made a point to look at it before, then after, I know its the same light but they SEEM brighter not being right next to the headlight. But.......could just be me cause I spent several hours doing it
I think it's because you know that they are there. You gotta think of your average driver inside a car. One aspect is they may not see them if you are behind them and the other, well.......when was the last time you found yourself looking at a bikers feet!

Still think it looks cool though!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
jwg In RI
Advanced

most people you need to hit with a 2 x4 before they see anything
99% of the drivers at least are only going to look right where they think you turn signal is.. in there mind "should be" move it an inch there not going to even see it,, you did cause you were looking for it and knew it was there

plus .. even if they did see it ,, half of them could not put it together its a turn signal..

I agree it looks pretty cool and its diffrent ,, but if it were me and for safty reasons I would keep them were everyone has been trained to look ..

Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
nightrider05
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry gents i disagree though, i had that set up on my night train and had many people compliment me on it! and i kno for a fact that most drivers seen it cuz i could always see them staring at them when they were blinking ( maybe thats a bad thing haha)

and in my thought process the fronts are not as important as the rear because the front you can judge what the cars in front of you are doing but the rear are for the idiots that wanna rear end you. just my thoughts when i did it

be warned tho i dont think its legal? cuz when i traded in the train they made me bring in the fork mounts for the blinkers cuz they could not legally sell it with the blinkers not in stock location? food for thought guys

Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Great idea but doubt they'll be seen. I dropped my girlfriends blinkers down to the lower triple tree with black Ness mounts. She follows me most of the time and I can see them really well!!

Stay safe!!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Blaven48
Road Captain

Not a bad idea but I think they look the best just down on the lower triple tree. I doubt they are legal down there also. Heck of you were gonna put um there may as well just deleted um all together hehe.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member

Ok, looked up the Georgia code regarding blinkers. It says you have to have them, says nothing about height.

§ 40-8-26. Standards for brake lights and signal devices

(a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped and when required under this article shall be equipped with the following signal lights or devices:

(1) A brake light on the rear which shall emit a red light and which shall be actuated upon application of the service (foot) brake and which may but need not be incorporated with a taillight; and

(2) A light or lights or mechanical signal device capable of clearly indicating any intention to turn either to the right or to the left and which shall be visible from both the front and the rear.

(b) Every brake light shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of 300 feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime, and every signal light or lights indicating intention to turn shall be visible and understandable during daytime and nighttime from a distance of 300 feet from both the front and the rear. When a vehicle is equipped with a brake light or other signal lights, such light or lights shall at all times be maintained in good working condition. No brake light or signal light shall project a glaring or dazzling light.

(c) All mechanical signal devices shall be self-illuminated when in use at the times mentioned in Code Section 40-8-20.

(d) All lenses on brake lights and signal devices shall be maintained in good repair and shall meet manufacturers' specifications.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks kinda cool and it kinda does not at the same time. I alway do mt siganl reloactions the the upper tree as i feel it looks the best up there and flows with headlight well.

Quick Reply: 48 blinker relocation