Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Rides Done, decision made

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
joesoxca
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Rides Done, decision made

So went in today and finally got on a few bikes.

The 1200C was solid. Very comfortable, felt good through the turns could easily see myself comfortable on the bike for quite awhile.

The Super Glide Custom was much the same, comfortable fit. Alot more nimble then I thought and the weight difference wasn't anywhere near as bad as I anticipated. Low end torque, taking off, breaking, everything felt similar enough around town, mid ride I was thinking I just didn't feel that big a difference comfort wise to justify the Dyna. Once I got it over 45 though, it was a night and day difference to me.

The stability and smoothness of the Dyna compared to the 1200c was amazing. 70 on the dyna felt like 30 on the sportster. I don't know how much distance driving I am going to do, but I'll be jumping on the freeway to work and back and forth enough I know I'll appreciate the difference.

I went back and forth between the two for awhile, but I found I kept gravitating back to the Dyna heavily. In the end I decided while I could be more than happy with the 1200c, the Dyna was just endearing itself more and more.

I sat down and ironed out the details and got them to budge a bit with sales and am getting a ride up to the dealership bright and early tomorrow.

Wanted to thank everyone here for all the input and helpful info, even though I didn't end up going the Sportster route, you'll never here me say they aren't a great bike.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good move, you saved thousands by doing it now rather than trading up next year anyway

Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a dyna. Best bike I have ever ridden hands down. You will not be disappointed

Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM
ride2tires
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Dynas are a great scoot. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You made the right decision. They are both great bikes, but most of us dyna owners came from sportsters. Kind of the best of both worlds...

Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joesoxca
So went in today and finally got on a few bikes.

The 1200C was solid. Very comfortable, felt good through the turns could easily see myself comfortable on the bike for quite awhile.

The Super Glide Custom was much the same, comfortable fit. Alot more nimble then I thought and the weight difference wasn't anywhere near as bad as I anticipated. Low end torque, taking off, breaking, everything felt similar enough around town, mid ride I was thinking I just didn't feel that big a difference comfort wise to justify the Dyna. Once I got it over 45 though, it was a night and day difference to me.

The stability and smoothness of the Dyna compared to the 1200c was amazing. 70 on the dyna felt like 30 on the sportster. I don't know how much distance driving I am going to do, but I'll be jumping on the freeway to work and back and forth enough I know I'll appreciate the difference.

I went back and forth between the two for awhile, but I found I kept gravitating back to the Dyna heavily. In the end I decided while I could be more than happy with the 1200c, the Dyna was just endearing itself more and more.

I sat down and ironed out the details and got them to budge a bit with sales and am getting a ride up to the dealership bright and early tomorrow.

Wanted to thank everyone here for all the input and helpful info, even though I didn't end up going the Sportster route, you'll never here me say they aren't a great bike.
Congrats! Glad you were able to find a bike that you are happy with. Superglide Custom is a nice looking scoot and I may end up with one someday. Be sure to post some pictures.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
arm_xl1200c
Cruiser

Grats on the new bike...Dyna's are good stuff I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:13 PM
joesoxca
Advanced

Well here she is. A two tone Merlot/Black with a metalic flake that changes the black in the sun to have the little bit of a gold glow in it.

Absolutely in love.

Attached Thumbnails Test Rides Done, decision made-dynae.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,247 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!

Kevin

Quick Reply: Test Rides Done, decision made