Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush shorty sporty

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
GudOlBoy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush shorty sporty

Well I got the pipes a week or two ago. Then ordered my X14ieds and received them the end of last week. I was gonna wait to install until my SE stage 1 AC came in, but after looking at my the shiny new pipes for so long I started wrenching last night. Very easy install. Took a few hours including the ieds and a trip to Lowes to grab a pick set to pull the old exhaust port gaskets. On first impression the sound is AWESOME! Very deep and throaty. The pipes are (i think) ceramic? coated inside and out. Which I think helps to deepen the sound. All in all for under $300 shipped Im very pleased! I took a video on my phone when I took the pics, but wasnt impressed with the sound quality. Ill try again later. Well now Im off to ride!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
GodIsStevePerry
Cruiser

Great looking bike!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like them, the remind me of V&H short shots, but better looking.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look good. Maybe a sample of how they sound like?

Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
GudOlBoy
Advanced

@XL50, Yeah I love the look of the short pipes but the V&H SS werent an option because for one they are EVERY where I look, and really didnt like the slash cut tips. Also the logo on the pipes kills it for me. I wanted straight cut, Samson had a nice set but the diameter and they way they mount meant they were gonna drag a lot. The Rush's are very new, so new I couldnt find any pics or vids of them on a Sporty. So I took a risk on em, glad I did.

@Voony, I took a vid earlier but wasnt happy with the way they sounded in it, it did them no justice! Ill get one later. There is a vid on youtube of them on a Dyna.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
sickboy949
Tourer

They look great do they come in black?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Only interested on how they sound on our Sportys

Old 09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
GudOlBoy
Advanced

Originally Posted by sickboy949
They look great do they come in black?
Yes they come in the same black as Rush's slip ons

Well just got back from an hour or so ride. Im so pleased with the change to the bike. The sound is very much that classic "Rush" tone. Couldnt be happier with the sound. The performance is awesome. Its like a new bike. Part of that Im sure is the X14's, which I did notice the bike being cooler, and smoother. I did (as expected) lose some low end but not much. But the big difference is how much smoother and harder it pulls on the top end. As for the decel pop that can be common, there really is none to speak of. I tried and tried to make it pop and really couldnt. All in all Im VERY VERY happy with the change for just under $400. Well worth it for both products. Heres a short video, and I can tell you for certain this does these pipes NO JUSTICE AT ALL!!!!! Its so much deeper and louder in person. The video was shot with my Thunderbolt so that could be part of why its not the greatest sound.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks and sounds great man! Unique look to 'em.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain

Glad to see you getting some stuff you like for the bike. The sound should change a little when they get more air going through them too. I think they sound good and while I'm not into chrome or 2-1's it is refreshing to see a bike that doesn't have either short shots, or some super short 1950's S-pipes.

Quick Reply: Rush shorty sporty