Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.

about 10 days ago i ordered a leather solo seat and matching p-pad for my 09 custom from oneoffseats. i got it last night and put it on today.

it looks fantastic. it is well made with a denser and more comfortable foam than a stock seat. the bottom of the seat pan has a short carpet like covering to keep from jacking up your frame and fender. i rode to work today (60 miles round trip) and it felt great. i ordered mine with a leather upgrade and diamond stitching.

because i have a fuelpak, there is a lot of junk shoved up under the seat. when i first mounted the seat, it didn't sir flush on the frame rails and rocked side to side. i went to home depot and bought small screw in rubber feet. i attached one to each side and it eliminated the problem. solid as a rock now.

i'd highly recommend you contact ed and get one of these if you're in the market for a seat. great price, service and product. this is not a paid advertisement. i'd been looking for a seat for quite some time. i was going to buy a lapera bare bones and have it diamond stitched, but they don't make a p-pad for an 09. i ran across ed through this forum and i got a similar design seat but in leather with a p-pad and diamond stitch for less than half the cost of a lapera.

Attached Thumbnails installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.-photo-43.jpg   installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.-photo-42.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser

a couple more pics.

Attached Thumbnails installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.-photo-44.jpg   installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.-photo-45.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks good. Is it comfortable?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks real nice. Good price too.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaluddite

i'd highly recommend you contact ed and get one of these if you're in the market for a seat. great price, service and product. this is not a paid advertisement. i'd been looking for a seat for quite some time. i was going to buy a lapera bare bones and have it diamond stitched, but they don't make a p-pad for an 09. i ran across ed through this forum and i got a similar design seat but in leather with a p-pad and diamond stitch for less than half the cost of a lapera.
Am I missing something? Who's Ed and where did you get the seat? Is there a link, a website? I apologize if I'm asking a stupid question...but I'm thinking about a new seat and this looks promising. I'm just not seeing where you got it. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
blindrocket
Road Master

Looks good. I dig your pipe setup as well.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ergonight
Am I missing something? Who's Ed and where did you get the seat? Is there a link, a website? I apologize if I'm asking a stupid question...but I'm thinking about a new seat and this looks promising. I'm just not seeing where you got it. Thanks.
Yes. You're missing something. I ordered it from oneoffseats. Website oneoffseats.com check it out. Email ed and tell him what you are looking for. He was very helpful to me.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blindrocket
Looks good. I dig your pipe setup as well.
Thanks v&h 2-1blackout w/ screaming eagle wrap. Actually ran the pipes without wrap for a while, because v&h doesn't make heatshields for it. Hotter than ***** on the leg and melted heels of my shoes so i finally wrapped them. Now i like it and way cooler.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 AM
sajackson
Road Master

Yes. You're missing something. I ordered it from oneoffseats. Website oneoffseats.com check it out. Email ed and tell him what you are looking for. He was very helpful to me.
Prolly wants a clicky...
www.oneoffseats.com

Old 09-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yikes. Amazing sometimes that no matter how many times you read something you just can't see the obvious.

I've actually been to his website and I do like his work. Thanks!

Quick Reply: installed my new leather seat and p-pad today.