Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yup, another LED headlight thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
DeepDiggerWV
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up yup, another LED headlight thread

Since installing the LED headlight, I seemed to notice more cagers actually seeing my A** going down the road. Yesterday was the best yet though, I was cruising down a local 4 lane, the type where side roads intersect directly, no on or off ramps. Coming up on an intersection, I notice a guy driving a pickup roll up to the stop looks both way and starts to roll through. I thought crap, here we go, as I'm traveling 65 and almost at the intersection. Then it happens, this guy stops, looks right at me and does the 2 fingers to the eyes and point at me, the I see you thing, then gives me a thumbs up!! Maybe, just maybe this headlight was a good investment after all!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I really want a headlight upgrade but I can't bring myself to put a futuristic looking light on an antique styled bike.

ARGH! I wish I could upgrade my headlamp though, the factory reflector really leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:58 AM
PAsportster
Tourer

plus any thing thats reflective pops at you .. with my head light , aux lights , turn lights , brake light , its hard not to see me....

Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeepDiggerWV
Since installing the LED headlight, I seemed to notice more cagers actually seeing my A** going down the road. Yesterday was the best yet though, I was cruising down a local 4 lane, the type where side roads intersect directly, no on or off ramps. Coming up on an intersection, I notice a guy driving a pickup roll up to the stop looks both way and starts to roll through. I thought crap, here we go, as I'm traveling 65 and almost at the intersection. Then it happens, this guy stops, looks right at me and does the 2 fingers to the eyes and point at me, the I see you thing, then gives me a thumbs up!! Maybe, just maybe this headlight was a good investment after all!
How's the night driving with it? I've heard that the LED light for the sportster leaves a pretty noticeable gap in front of the bike, but lights further down the road better.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
mikeallenbrown
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LED lights seem super bright.....do you guys, with the LED headlamps, find a lot of drivers flashing their high beams at you? ...because they are thinking YOU left yours on?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by mikeallenbrown
The LED lights seem super bright.....do you guys, with the LED headlamps, find a lot of drivers flashing their high beams at you? ...because they are thinking YOU left yours on?
I have em flash me for the stock headlight and it isn't even in high beam mode!!

Old 08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
PAsportster
Tourer

Originally Posted by mikeallenbrown
If there AIM correct ....had no 1 flash at me...