Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Girl's Bike" comment stuffed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

I've never understood the "girls bike" thing. I read a test years ago about a Sportster and it was a "dirt bike" test. go figure.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Dunno bout your physical characteristics, but I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds and I'm able to ride all day with the 12.5" with zero pain or issues. See how it looks on your bike and go from there. Doesn't look too bad in that pic, but it may be just the perspective.

Also, just to let you know, the seat will probably seem like it won't fit. It was a real bitch to get mine installed. I had to push forward as much as I could while attempting to get the screw to start threading. It was scary due to the fact that I had to use the screw to align it all up.
Got the seat and posted a review with pics:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...ron-883-a.html

Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't see how the Switchback is viewed as a girl bike. I mean if you wanna look at what women target, then the Deluxe would get the label in my area. You see more females on the Deluxe than males...doesn't make it a girls bike. You hardly ever see a woman on a Sportster though. I've personally only seen two, and one of them had 18" apes and the full rugged look.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 PM
ryamatt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do some screen printing for fun in my garage. I'm totally making a shirt that says:

My sister rides a Sportster

Really? Chances are I've ridden your sister

So funny....

Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by terryrh
I don't see how the Switchback is viewed as a girl bike. I mean if you wanna look at what women target, then the Deluxe would get the label in my area. You see more females on the Deluxe than males...doesn't make it a girls bike. You hardly ever see a woman on a Sportster though. I've personally only seen two, and one of them had 18" apes and the full rugged look.
Hahaha! I love the Switchback and wish I could afford one, but I was joking at this news:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...itchbacks.html

Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 AM
trpagp
Cruiser

I wasn't going to post but I can't hold it in any longer! A few days ago I bought me a new toy! My first sportster, a 2007 Nightster. I bought it because both of my kids (17yr old son and 14yr old daughter) ride and I wanted a solo bike that I could ride with them because honestly, I just don't like my '09 RKC for the type of riding they like to do. This bike is a total blast to ride and it's super quick. It's the funnest street bike I've ever owned!

I told a couple co-workers about my new toy and the one that didn't know that I also ride a RKC said I was gay but it's funny how his opinion changed when he found out that I actually ride both. So if I ONLY ride a sportster I'm gay but if I ride both I'm cool? Hmm ... guess I better keep both of them in the garage then because I sure don't want to be gay

Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by MADDOG187
i never get these threads ,
i had a nightster , it weighed a figgin ton and was a pig to ride , it didn't stop to well and cornered like a bus ,
if thats what girls ride in America , I'm staying in england........ lol

Ive now got a fat bob , which is a much easier bike to ride , its comfortable , you can lean into bends without thinking about bottoming out and it stops very well for a Harley , its all very easy
so surely that would be better for beginners and ladies .
I agree! I had a 96 1200 sporty and to this day it was the most uncomfortable bike i ever owned couldnt wate to trade up for a bigger more comfy bike. Small bike but felt heavy, couldnt handle a gust of wind worth a crap, hit a bump and it felt like a sledg hammer hitting you in the a$%, 40 min of ridding and i felt like i was in the gym for 2 hours.. It is def not a girls bike! Its funny all the begginers and girls buy them! If they only knew how much more comfy a Fatboy or a Deluxe, or any bigger bike! Im not saying theirs anything wrong with them if thats what you like heck i saw a 48 at the tattoo shop the other day and thought it was sweet looking the way the guy had it set up! Im just saying their not built for comfort, long trips and they are deff not a girls bike!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
gfburke
Tourer

Mm, never owned a large truck either. Never felt the need.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM
MrCookie
Tourer

Originally Posted by ryamatt
I do some screen printing for fun in my garage. I'm totally making a shirt that says:

So funny....

I hope ya put up a pic of it when ya make it. I might wanna buy one from ya.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:33 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ryamatt

So funny....
You make it please let me know. I will buy two!

Originally Posted by gfburke
Mm, never owned a large truck either. Never felt the need.
Just used to handling small things...absolutely nothing wrong with that

Quick Reply: "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed