Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Girl's Bike" comment stuffed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:22 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I restuffed the seat on my Buell and it made a really big difference, but it was such a PITA that I decided to just pony up the cash for the Wide Solo.

I'm hoping to sell the factory seat and recoup some of the price of the mustang, maybe I'll throw it up on CL and see if anyone bites...
Wait......you got the wide?? That's gonna look HUGE on your Iron!!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Wait......you got the wide?? That's gonna look HUGE on your Iron!!
I know it will, but after talking with the rep at Mustang, they convinced me that it would offer a lot more comfort than the 12.5" seat.

I'll see how it looks, if it looks absolutely horrible then I'll send it back and exchange for the 12.5" version.

Here is a pic of a wide solo on another sporty with the same 3.3gal tank and it looks fine to me (imho).

Name:  IMG_0489.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  121.4 KB

Last edited by parabellum_9x19; 08-22-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honestly, if I still kept the stocker for every day riding, and had the wide solo on for long trips, I wouldn't care how it looked.

I didn't look very nice either, walking into a resturant in desperate need of coffee after 3 hours in driving rain.. dripping on the floor, smelling like gasoline and muck.... haha!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
honestly, if I still kept the stocker for every day riding, and had the wide solo on for long trips, I wouldn't care how it looked.

I didn't look very nice either, walking into a resturant in desperate need of coffee after 3 hours in driving rain.. dripping on the floor, smelling like gasoline and muck.... haha!
Yeah, that is another option, I could keep the stocker for my daily riding and put on the mustang for longer rides.

But to be honest...I usually go out most nights for a 30 minute ride and my a$$ is killing me by the time I get back into my driveway, so I'm thinking I'll just get used to the look of the wide solo.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I know it will, but after talking with the rep at Mustang, they convinced me that it would offer a lot more comfort than the 12.5" seat.

I'll see how it looks, if it looks absolutely horrible then I'll send it back and exchange for the 12.5" version.

Here is a pic of a wide solo on another sporty with the same 3.3gal tank and it looks fine to me (imho).

Dunno bout your physical characteristics, but I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds and I'm able to ride all day with the 12.5" with zero pain or issues. See how it looks on your bike and go from there. Doesn't look too bad in that pic, but it may be just the perspective.

Also, just to let you know, the seat will probably seem like it won't fit. It was a real bitch to get mine installed. I had to push forward as much as I could while attempting to get the screw to start threading. It was scary due to the fact that I had to use the screw to align it all up.

Attached Thumbnails "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed-mustang3.jpg   "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed-mustang2.jpg   "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed-mustang4.jpg   "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed-photo.jpg   "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed-photo2.jpg  

Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, the fitment looks like it might be a pain, but installing the Corbin I put on that Warrior was a crazy PITA too, so I pretty much expect it to be frustrating.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

You guys are so funny. I haven't driven my truck in two weeks and the only comments I get about my bike, is how cool it looks or how they want one but their wife said no.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:01 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by SauerKraut
You guys are so funny. I haven't driven my truck in two weeks and the only comments I get about my bike, is how cool it looks or how they want one but their wife said no.
I've never had anyone say the "girls bike" line to me or anyone else. Like you, I usually get compliments and 1000 questions. Then usually ends up with "nice bike" and "I wish I could get one!"

Old 08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

Well said bro, the last converstaion I had about my bike was to correct the ignorance most people have about Sportsters. He asked my why his friends 883 would only do 85 mph. I told him because his friend was afraid. I then explained he was misinformed and how my buddy Matt's 883 was right next to me when I hit 115 mph on my 1200. I told him how the 883 is geared differently and that it just turned more rpms with the smaller engine and taller gearing. 115 mph with no windshield is pretty gnarly if you ask me.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice story!

Quick Reply: "Girl's Bike" comment stuffed