Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A different take on the solo bag on a Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM
NMonkey
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A different take on the solo bag on a Nightster

Had the bike about a year now, been slowly making it mine. Have had the HD chopper sissy bar with a molle style bag on the back of it for a while now and got tired of the look full-time. I ride to work and like to take a nalgene with water, a hat, couple other small things so need somewhere to put a few small items and not a fan of wearing a backpack.

The Licks and La Rosa bags look very nice but I was looking for something "different". Also with the drag bars I like to put my feet on the passenger pegs for a sportier riding position sometimes so didnt want something that required extending the passenger pegs.

Probably a year ago I bought a military style backpack from the local army surplus and when I got home I was suprised to find another smaller bag inside....well this is how I will put it to use for now. Going to cover the back with a soft material to prevent scratching the side cover but went on a 150 mile ride yesterday and it was perfect. So far I like it, its different and very functional.

Attached Thumbnails A different take on the solo bag on a Nightster-solo-bag-2.jpg   A different take on the solo bag on a Nightster-solo-bag-4.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM
TWIS1UP
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think it takes away from the beautiful lines of the bike.
Then again if you saw my bike you would ask what the hell do I know.
It sounds like you like it and that's all that matters!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't take offense but I find it ugly. It really doesn't match the rest of the bike.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 PM
NMonkey
Intermediate

Appreciate the comments, I have thick skin so you wont hurt my feelings no matter how hard you try...

I am liking the look for now, but I thought the same when I added the sissy bar a year ago, and now I have options. To be honest I would prefer nothing on the bike but I need a way to carry a couple things. I also tried the fork bag for a while and that certainly didn't work for me.

On a side note I feel the Nightster is kind of in no mans land when it comes to style. Its obviously not a chopper, not a bobber, not really a "cafe" bike, and in my opinion not a cruiser either. I guess its a Sportster and we all have our own interpretation of what that is

Old 08-16-2011, 12:42 AM
gfburke
Tourer

like it man.
The bloody monopoly on "a leather bag for $200" needs to come to and end. soon.
Found some raw leather and know some peeps that can sew it. Thinking this market needs a kick in the ***.

Looks like your not trying hard, which is a good look. seriously.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:19 AM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Personalization and originality mixed with useability....It works!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:58 AM
chamba
Road Master

I backpack often...
and I custom make my leather...
If you ride like I do, that bag wont last very long.
as always.... its your moto so enjoy it.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NMonkey
Appreciate the comments, I have thick skin so you wont hurt my feelings no matter how hard you try...

I am liking the look for now, but I thought the same when I added the sissy bar a year ago, and now I have options. To be honest I would prefer nothing on the bike but I need a way to carry a couple things. I also tried the fork bag for a while and that certainly didn't work for me.

On a side note I feel the Nightster is kind of in no mans land when it comes to style. Its obviously not a chopper, not a bobber, not really a "cafe" bike, and in my opinion not a cruiser either. I guess its a Sportster and we all have our own interpretation of what that is
If you change a few other things to have that same rugged style it will look better

Old 08-16-2011, 06:37 AM
ken rox
Cruiser

i think if you try and rotate the bag 10-15degress left i'd look much better and fit the lines of the bike.
i like the indian look.
and flash photography takes away the texture of the bag against the gloss paint of the bike.
a day light photo will make us understand it better.

Quick Reply: A different take on the solo bag on a Nightster