Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you guys keep your registration

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my safe at home with my other titles. I only keep the insurance card in my saddle bag along with the licenses plate invoice

Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's funny! I was just staring at the GF's Nightster thinking about that. I like the tube on the backside of the plate idea, but her's has the fold away plate mount down by the lower left rear shock. I'm used to my RK. Tons of storage in the bags!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

in a lock box in the house..

Old 08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Meatnog
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take a photo of both the registration and the insurance card with my iPhone. I always have my phone with me, so I always have my paperwork too. No state ever said it has to be ON paper!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been thinking about making a little stash tube out of Black PVC and zip-tieing it to the frame somewhere. Right now my paerwork is in the toolpouch that is strapped to my swingarm

Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
BurpleHugger
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Years ago I was given this really cool leather thing. I keep things like my Reg and Ins for my ride in it, it has a clear window for my license. It holds money and credit cards and is easily concealed in my back pocket. It folds in three and I take it everywhere....don't over think or spend on this one. Wallet baby...I almost bought something like a tube a long time ago but it went against my "take everything unnecessary off my bike" attitude.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno but in PA it is a little cardboard card that folds in half Same with insurance card It is in my wallet with car reg and insurance card and my license and credit cards No big deal I feel much safer with it on my person than leaving it behind with the bike. JMHO

Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just an FYI......and I don't know if the cop was just being picky, but I was on a run several years ago over in OH and a guy got an additional citation for having his registration/insurance cards laminated.

And Jimmy.....You have to have a copy of the registration & insurance on you or in your car/motorcycle in WV if you're ever pulled over. Oh, plus I was just up your way all last week in Loudenville/Millersburg camping at Mohican Wilderness.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
6sick6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I folded it up and stuffed it onto the top of my battery under the hold down bracket. I have had my battery cover come open a couple of times while riding... not cool. haven't lost it yet...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Meatnog
I take a photo of both the registration and the insurance card with my iPhone. I always have my phone with me, so I always have my paperwork too. No state ever said it has to be ON paper!
I don't know of any LEO's that will let you just "show" them the info, you are required to hand it over to them.

I sure as hell ain't handing over my smartphone to them without a warrant, and even then, I would refuse to unlock it.

Quick Reply: Where do you guys keep your registration