Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using Lepara seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anybody using Lepara seats?

Just got my Mustang wide touring solo seat delivered yesterday, put it on the bike and found it sat too high for my liking. It's getting returned. Was looking at the Lepara seats, and they look pretty nice. I had Corbin on my previous bike and liked it, but I don't think the gunfighter profile would look as good on a Sporty. Anybody have experience with Lepara?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM
no_barcode
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Silhouette 2up and I really like it.

I like the fact that you don't have to remove the mounting post used for the stock seat to install the Silhouette, they just shape the steel base plate to fit over it. The vinyl they use for the cover is shiny. (they have a leather too) I like the tapered sides, and it sits me at just the right height.

The Silhouette hugs tight to the frame, which means there's not a lot of padding in some areas. I wanted a seat with a bit of a lip in the back (seat manufacturers always call this "back support", but I don't see how that could support your back. I call it, "keeping me from sliding off the back of the seat support"), and the Silhouette is perfect in that respect as well.

Having said all that, I have also owned both the HD Sidekick and the Bandlander. I believe the Sidekick is actually a tad lower than the LePera, but both sit you back about the same. The LePera feels lower than a Bandlander and probably about the same as a stock solo seat on an 09 Iron.

On a side note: I recently bought a detachable sissy bar, and the backrest pad Harley sells uses the same matte finish covering that all their seats use, which in my opinion doesn't look good with a shiny LePera seat. LePera doesn't sell a compatible backrest pad but was willing to re-cover my Harley backrest pad in the same material as their Silhouette, so I sent it to them. I thought it was pretty cool that they'd do that for me.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM
GoCards82
Cruiser

If your looking for low, LePara makes the Barebones. That is the one on my bike. It actually feels like it is 2 inches lower than stock.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
John Hyatt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LePara Sihouette LT on mine with the gell padding.

Love It. JonMon

Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Ta2edShady
Cruiser

I have the BareBones seat too and I think it's a million times more comfortable than the stock seat on my buddies nightster. It sits a good deal lower as well.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
blink1968
Road Captain

I absolutely love my lepera bare bones and pillion pad combo.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the bare bones, but was wondering how comfortable it was cause of the lack of padding. Thanks for the input!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 AM
hjc950
Advanced

Originally Posted by GoCards82
If your looking for low, LePara makes the Barebones. That is the one on my bike. It actually feels like it is 2 inches lower than stock.
Did you have to remove the seat post for the bare bones?? The reason I ask is that I use leather throw over bags that use the seat post to keep them from slipping to the low side when the bike is parked.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blink1968
I absolutely love my lepera bare bones and pillion pad combo.
Blink I've been considering this exact combo. I don't see a pillion pad option on the LePera website, although they do display a few. Did you simply call them and tell them what you wanted regarding the pillion? Can you ball park the cost. Also, how do your passengers like the pillion? My wife is pretty particular about her comfort level. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Cezar
Intermediate

"Hey guys, i have recently fitted a Lepera barebones LF-006 (04-06) seat to my Iron (which is basically bolt on), then i looked at a pillion option for my miss's, it seems that Lepera do not make a pillion for this kind of setup, so i did some looking around and a little measuring and even spoke to Lepera themselves, and it looked like the L-006P would be the closes fit. So i went and ordered one, upon arrival i noticed that all i needed to do was make a new rear bracket for it and it would fit, the Iron's bolt hole is 40mm further than what came with the pillion seat, so an easy task it was, i found some spring steel (nice and strong) and bent/cut/drilled for 15 minutes and hey presto it fits. I decided to paint it matt black and will look at getting it powder coated some time in the future."

Quick Reply: Anybody using Lepara seats?