Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using Earbuds While Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 PM
SethProSTX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Using Earbuds While Riding?

On long rides I'd like to listen to some Merle, Wayon, and Cash. But Road noise + exhaust + wind + other variables make it hard to. Anyone out there had any luck finding some earbuds that beat the noise, if so what brand. If not any ideas what might work. I would like to have my outlaw country when I'm going to Luckenbach next month.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never tried it myself, but a few of my buddies wear them. But, they wear full face helmets. Thats the only way I've seen itg work.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:53 PM
SethProSTX
Intermediate

For sure. I usually wear a half helmet when im close and just around town. Long trips I got a full face that I wear. It's a ton easier than a windshield. I wonder which ones would be the best? Cause when I use to ride my rocket I could barely hear it all the way turned up.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:55 PM

I use Sony "marshmallow" noise-cancelling earbuds, and they are wonderful. I've been equally happy with these and these. Even without the iPod on, they attenuate a lot of road/wind noise, and adding music just makes it better. I can keep the sound at a reasonable listening level, block out most road noise, all the while being able to hear traffic around me. Bliss! They work with my half helmet, three quarter, and full face. My wife uses stock iPod earbuds with her full face, but the same Sonys with her three quarter.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Shoalwater
Intermediate

Rode out to Luckenbach last weekend and listened to Walt Wilkins play. Him and two others sat and picked for 4 hours. Only bad thing was the $4 beers. I ride all the time with ear buds, they are some cheap o's I picked up at a CVS. They had several sized rubber buds with them and they seem to work pretty good. It will not block out all the wind noise, but it blocks enough to listen to all the good ole country coming from my iphone. A lot of the guys I ride with have skullcandy and seem to like them. I think I may have to buy a pair of these after making the mistake of listening to them in Best Buy.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:03 PM
SethProSTX
Intermediate

tekdiver500ft: Thanks for the links, I'm going to try out a set I think.
Shoalwater: No way. Thats a great trip. $4 beers does blow, but I think its more about just the whole being there that makes it worth wild. And sweet deal on the CVS cheap-o's I've never been able to pick up a pair that have malfunctioned within a week or two :/ I do have to say last semester during college soccer season I had some Dr.Dre over head studio headphones and they were SICK! (listening to metal before games) but I think those on the link would be pretty awesome. Plus at Best Buy you can get the warranty on them.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 PM
mrodff
Tourer

Skullcandy titans!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 PM
SethProSTX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrodff
Skullcandy titans!!!
Going to check them out right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM
opiyone
Intermediate

I rode last weekend for the first time with ear buds and it was nice. I only assume this but it would seem the noise canceling ear buds would be better and more comfortable. Mine kept wanting to come out of my ears some but I could tell it helped. I have no idea which brand they are but I think they are the marshmallow models.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Mike07FLHTC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the boy loves his skullcandys

Quick Reply: Anyone Using Earbuds While Riding?