Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which fairing is on this Iron?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:07 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blindrocket
Thank you very much fellas for identifying the parts.
I plan on getting an Iron in February and am interested in that headlamp visor.

If I get it primed, is it easy enough to match the matte denim of the Iron?
dude all these posts and IM's you been sending me and you don't have a bike yet? you better have a good reason.

Originally Posted by 46and2
it's the SOA starter kit.

act now and get a free set of patches for your vest.

if you order t-bars as well you get a 10% discount on the whole package.

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Here's a pic of my Ugly fairing on my nightster

-
yup forgot to mention the ugly pipes. you serious with those things? yeah to each their own but i didn't think people actually bought that stuff.

EDIT***wow just realized you're running handguards on that thing. mad max called he wants his **** back.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well if you ride where i ride and you get sand blasted on your
knuckles you would want the handguatrds too. As for the Tailgunners pipes I love em, You prob miss the Punisher theme...Which I like and DONT CARE if you DONT.... GET IT? when you start paying for my bike and parts then you can tell me what to do with it.
PS- your Grandma called , YOU forgot your manners again....OH yeah, Mad Max wants to ride my bike, really bad. LOL

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
R Eggler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering getting this fairing for my Iron and was wondering if it helps with the wind at all? Like does it block some of the wind that hits you mid gut level or does the aero shape actually increase that?

Thanks

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
vkleinstu
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bmx - dude you're such a douchebag. find another outlet for your pent up child hood rage. try to get laid or something. while you're at it, change your pictures to a horse's a$$ because that's exactly what you are. nobody cares about your opinions. last i checked there were no sportsters in SOA. they're all fxrs and dynas... besides the fairing looks bada$$ so who really cares. Next thing you know u people are going to start hating on the old man that rides a trike because Piney has one in the show. Get over it.

knightenforcer - nice bike. not to keen on the hand guards myself, but i'm sure they serve their purpose. i wish there was some sort of end cap for my V&H 2-1 with that style to it. looks sweet.

if any of you know rfp3030 let him know i'm trying to buy that fairing from him.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
vkleinstu
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R Eggler
I'm considering getting this fairing for my Iron and was wondering if it helps with the wind at all? Like does it block some of the wind that hits you mid gut level or does the aero shape actually increase that?

Thanks
I don't have the fairing yet, but if you want something that is going to block wind you might want to spend the little extra and get the arlen ness one. The shield on it comes up higher and it's a little wider. It should serve more of a purpose than this one. They both look sweet, but I am going for the HD bc i don't care about blocking the wind and price is a bit of a concern ATM.

Another option would be to buy a clamp on windshield (ugly as hell IMO though). I actually have a friend who has one that he wants to sell if your interested, only down side is that I live in Hawaii and it'sgoing to be expensive to ship.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
R Eggler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ok. Never seen that one til now. Not bad but I think I like the HD fairing better. I'm really only wanting something to take the wind off my chest for when I do rarely hit the highway, I just wasn't comfortable with that much wind there.
I've seen a few Iron's with short windshield, not really a fan. Sure they serve a purpose, but I wear a full face helmet anyways. So the wind out of my face isn't an issue, just lower.

Thanks

Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by vkleinstu
bmx - dude you're such a douchebag. find another outlet for your pent up child hood rage. try to get laid or something. while you're at it, change your pictures to a horse's a$$ because that's exactly what you are. nobody cares about your opinions. last i checked there were no sportsters in SOA. they're all fxrs and dynas... besides the fairing looks bada$$ so who really cares. Next thing you know u people are going to start hating on the old man that rides a trike because Piney has one in the show. Get over it.

knightenforcer - nice bike. not to keen on the hand guards myself, but i'm sure they serve their purpose. i wish there was some sort of end cap for my V&H 2-1 with that style to it. looks sweet.

if any of you know rfp3030 let him know i'm trying to buy that fairing from him.
pent up rage? no rage at all in my statement, just call them how i see them and last time i checked it's a forum full of opinions. that's what makes it so great. so if you don't like other peoples opinions don't post a pic of your bike cause i'll give you my opinion just like everyone else on this site. get used to it or go somewhere else. no **** there's no sportsters on soa, you obviously aren;t smart enough to figure out that we were talking about the bolt ons he added to the bike not the bike itself, who's the douchebag? you're prolly that guy who buys the corny soa shirts from walmart, pledge your allegiance broski! all this bitchin about me giving my opinion than what do you do? give YOUR opinion about his handguards? beat it dude, you are a horses ***.

Well if you ride where i ride and you get sand blasted on your
knuckles you would want the handguatrds too. As for the Tailgunners pipes I love em, You prob miss the Punisher theme...Which I like and DONT CARE if you DONT.... GET IT? when you start paying for my bike and parts then you can tell me what to do with it.
PS- your Grandma called , YOU forgot your manners again....OH yeah, Mad Max wants to ride my bike, really bad. LOL
all good dude....that's your opinion and you're entitle to it. you're right, I don't get it.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Not entirely true about your "bolt on"comment. I had to fabricate and make my own exhaust mounts. I also had to install custom baffles that I cut to 2 3/4" to get the sound and torque that I want. I also made my own timer cover out of a revolver medallion. Oh and ps, I'm not an SOA fan, I must've seen 2 episodes that's it. The fact that I like the fairing has nothing to do wit the soa. Obviously other people like it and they GET IT.(punisher theme)
As I get positive comments and IM's PM's on this forum, and a few other forums.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Not entirely true about your "bolt on"comment. I had to fabricate and make my own exhaust mounts. I also had to install custom baffles that I cut to 2 3/4" to get the sound and torque that I want. I also made my own timer cover out of a revolver medallion. Oh and ps, I'm not an SOA fan, I must've seen 2 episodes that's it. The fact that I like the fairing has nothing to do wit the soa. Obviously other people like it and they GET IT.(punisher theme)
As I get positive comments and IM's PM's on this forum, and a few other forums.
was talkin about the sportster with the bolt on soa parts...look i digress ok. i gain nothing by bickering with you, the thread was posted, i gave my opinion. done. for what it's worth...i sure as hell don't think we'll see another one like yours on the road so i guess your bike is "one of a kind". i would say stay safe out there but something tells me you'll be really safe on that thing, especially when the zombie apocolypse hits. just rig that exhaust so it actually fires!

Last edited by bmxatv; 06-28-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

I wasn't bickoring, just commenting.
Anyway, ride what you like, and ride safe!
Peace.

Quick Reply: Which fairing is on this Iron?