Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which fairing is on this Iron?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Ye, It is in fact the HD one (also fits Dynas) and for all the haters (entitled to thier own opinion)
I guess you never saw the Michael Douglas movie called "Black Rain" in it he rode a sportster with a fairing.
That is where I first saw it and if memory serve me right I believe that movie came out I think a week or two (1980's) before SOA even was thought of.
So who copied who? And as was stated earlier, I don't believe there were any sportsters on SOA.
I like it so I put it on mine, I mean after all isn't this what it is supposed to be about?
Making your bike your own either building something different for it or heaven forbid (as some think) going out and buying something for it.
Some people don't have the ability, means, or funds to have everything custom built so why is it so bad to buy a piece for your ride without someone else ripping into them.
I mean even the guys with the "custom" bike add parts made by someone else or we would be seeing more & more homemade bikes instead of bikes with that HD brand on it.
If you like that fairing then get it, put it on and ride the **** out of it, afterall it's your bike.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look like the SE slip-ons I had on. I don't think those are the buckshot heat shields though. I think it is the black head pipe they sell for an extra $100. So you are looking at $500 for that setup new. I still have the slip-ons and heat shields, but I'm on the fence about parting with them right now. Contemplating holding on to them for a bit in case the law gives me grief for having the Short Shots . Should be OK though since every area PD rides Harley.

Also agree that the fairing is from HD.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
beanerblank
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the only thing not ugly on that bike IS the fairing.
Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Here's a pic of my Ugly fairing on my nightster

-

Old 07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beanerblank
I'm pretty sure the only thing not ugly on that bike IS the fairing.
Yes, cause your opinion matters...(like turd matters on the street)ROFL
To the OP- it's your bike, do whatever you want with it.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:51 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I'm getting an Iron early next year as my first bike and am just weighing my options.

I do like that look with the fairing, but after thinking about it I will probably save that look for my next (bigger) Harley. We'll see, I will be playing it by ear as I go along.

I like the bobbed and minimalistic look that the Iron plays so well into, and I think that fairing kind of goes in the opposite direction (though I still like the way it looks, at least from certain angles).

Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
EricM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. HD fairing and looks like screaming eagle exhaust.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
FlatBlack883
Novice

Not to raise a thread from the dead, but what is the storage thingy he has on the front, interested in getting one like that!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look for motorcycle tool bags. I don't know the specific manufacture of the one pictured, however.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 AM
hfp3030
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blindrocket
Please help me identify the fairing used here on this Iron 883. I think that his set up looks really good.

For a bonus, can you identify the pipes as well? It almost looks like a two into one, but I can't tell.

Thanks

Heya, I have that fairing I removed from my Iron a while back.. I'll sell it to you if you want, 65.00 shipped.

It's painted flat black (rattle can)

Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
vkleinstu
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hfp3030
Heya, I have that fairing I removed from my Iron a while back.. I'll sell it to you if you want, 65.00 shipped.

It's painted flat black (rattle can)
hfp3030 - If you still have the fairing, I sent you a PM. I'd like to buy it from you assuming that you still have the spacers and it's in decent condition. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Which fairing is on this Iron?