Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shady Valley, TN - Sportster Fall Group Ride 09/22/2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 PM
jbyun
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady Valley, TN - Sportster Fall Group Ride 09/22/2011

THIS IS OLD FROM 2011 ... DO NOT ADD ON TO THIS

2012 LINK - https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...roup-ride.html

Last fall, a couple of us got together in Shady Valley, TN and kicked off the first annual Sportster Group Ride. Turns out we all had a blast so decided to make it an annual thing until one day, we can fill the camp grounds with like minded individuals and enjoy a good ride and good company.

The campground information can be found at http://www.switchbackcreek.com/. US-421 aka The Snake is equivalent to the Tail of the Dragon minus all the traffic and if you're into twisties, it's calling your name. There's a ton of other rides and loops that are outlined on the website.

The campground has shower facilities that are clean and well maintained and for those that aren't into sleeping on the ground, there are 2 cabins for rent (pricing and reservation information on the website). Two country stores for food and gas and nice little restaurant that serves a hot breakfast for cheap. If you need to go into town, ride The Snake and you'll be in Mountain City, TN in no time or take a nice little drive into Damascus, VA for a beer run as Shady Valley is a dry county.

Last year, we all arrived on Friday, rode all day Saturday, and headed out Sunday morning. That was a little short so this year, we're going to extend it a day and start things off on Thurs Sept 22 to commemorate the start of fall.

Anyone is welcome to join and I highly recommend it. I think we were all a little weary at first since there seems to be a lot of asshats on this forum but people seem to be nice in person and leave the BS with their computers. Just this last weekend, a couple of us met up there to ride out together to Smoke Out Rally in Rockingham, NC and one of the guys made a trip from Connecticut on a goddamn Buell so no whining about long distances as it'll be well worth it.

So who's in?!? We have about 3 months to get time off work and coordinate and I'll continue this thread until the ride and possibly start a new one if needed but if you're in the area, come out and see if you get bitten by The Snake.

Last edited by jbyun; 08-13-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
3skulls
Tourer

If you didn't make it out last year, you need to try to make it this year.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:52 PM
jbyun
Road Captain

May need to move this forward a week to 9/15. Hopefully, as we near the date we get some responses on here and get a good sizes group to show up.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i am pretty sure I'll be able to make it no matter which weekend it is.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 AM
kkbii
Advanced

I can come no matter which date we choose.I will not miss this ride.But you guys already knew that about me didnt you. Kelley and The Fire Mistress.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

this year probably wont happen for me, but it might. next year definitely though

Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 AM
3skulls
Tourer

I'm trying to think if I have anything going on in September.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll do whatever it takes to make the fall run again. I probably won't be able to roll in until Friday afternoon though. I've exhausted most of my vacation time. Of course, I can always "get sick" on Thursday morning.

Hate that I missed the Smoke Out run.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by inswva
I'll do whatever it takes to make the fall run again. I probably won't be able to roll in until Friday afternoon though. I've exhausted most of my vacation time. Of course, I can always "get sick" on Thursday morning.

Hate that I missed the Smoke Out run.
You were there in spirit, my friend!

I think you need to plan on getting sick that Thurs and make up for the missed Smoke Out. However, there is always next year and I think the group is hooked and will be there every year...possibly even try the Long Road.

I've reached out to a couple friends to see if they're interested but one's in school so not sure if he can make it and the other one, no response.

I'll have to ask my Indy to see if he might want to join although I have no idea what he would ride.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 3skulls
I'm trying to think if I have anything going on in September.
You have the Shady Valley Group Ride in September. Should be top priority

Quick Reply: Shady Valley, TN - Sportster Fall Group Ride 09/22/2011