Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shady Valley, TN - Sportster Fall Group Ride 09/22/2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Well Ive been lurking on this forum for a while.......this thread made me join. I think this would be a blast and would love to join ya if yall wouldnt mind an old man hanging around

Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 AM
jbyun
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Well Ive been lurking on this forum for a while.......this thread made me join. I think this would be a blast and would love to join ya if yall wouldnt mind an old man hanging around
Would love for you to join us and it's always cool meeting new people. It's a great group of guys and I think you'll have a blast and the ride up from GA should be a nice one.

We're trying to finalize the date and I'll update this thread once the date is set in stone but keep checking back for any updates and looking forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

Btw, if you're interested in one of the cabins, be sure to reserve those as soon as you can since they are first come first serve.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 3skulls
If you don't bring jars, I'm not coming.

Oh and don't make an excuse for wanting to rip the mountain on the Buell again.
I've actually found something really similar to what Ash brought up last time and it actually had apple pieces in the jar. Really good stuff.

I'll try to see if I can get a hold of some and bring some up if I have room.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3skulls
hey cool. hadn't seen that one yet.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jbyun
I'm not sure if Windy will be leading us on all day ride this time or not so I was thinking do we want to start discussing any loops for our rides?

I personally haven't hit the back side of the Snake (going straight on 421 at intersection coming from Mountain City) so would like to see what that's like. However, if we have a couple of loops mapped out then we'll have some different choices for the rides and I'd definitely wouldn't mind hitting the BRP and having lunch at Station's Inn one time as well.

No need for strict schedules or anything but if we have some loops before hand, I figured that might help us with some enjoyable rides and we can always play it by ear if needed.
the west side of the valley was a little banged-up the last time i rode it. its not bad... the east side is just smoother and has an easier pace. if i can make thursday, we'll scout it out. there are some potential places to ride on the far-side of the valley.

i was thinking about trailiering up. but motorcycle hitches are so damned expensive

Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh... things are looking shady (no pun intended) for me to make this run. We'll see how it shakes out in the coming weeks. Can't buy a ****ing break...

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Certainteed
i was thinking about trailiering up. but motorcycle hitches are so damned expensive
I can't even picture that.

Originally Posted by inswva
Ugh... things are looking shady (no pun intended) for me to make this run. We'll see how it shakes out in the coming weeks. Can't buy a ****ing break...
Dude, seriously? Hoping for the best outcome so we can see you there that week.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:09 AM
jbyun
Road Captain

It looks like 9/22 is the date. Some of the guys from last year's ride will not be able to make it until Friday but a couple of us should be there Thursday. I'll be there for sure and even considering heading out sometime Wednesday just to ride the Snake all by myself

At this point I'm thinking for those of us getting there on Thurs, we can use Friday to ride around the area and get a chance to scope it out and do a full day ride on Sat when everyone arrives. But there's no schedule set or anything so we're open to anything if the group decides otherwise.

Hope to see some new faces this year and even if you haven't responded to this thread and you want to join, just show up.

Keep posting to this thread if you have questions or comments and we'll keep chatting until 9/22 then we'll move the discussion around the camp fire.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be there again... looking pretty good as of right now. I'm planning on leaving early Friday morning. Should put me in the valley around late morning/lunch time if I don't dick around too much.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 PM
3skulls
Tourer

Let's all leave now and buy the store that's for sale.

I'll be murder man, the kill boy of the snake.

Quick Reply: Shady Valley, TN - Sportster Fall Group Ride 09/22/2011