Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Chop - Advice required....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Streetfighter... did you cut the pipes yet?...

the "Oh ****" made me crack up.. cool stuff..

Hey... I made a big *** lollipop for my exhaust... I use an eye bolt then sandwiched it with washers.. I don't believe you'll need to sandwich it with washers.. the eye bolts should suffice.. I didn't weld it to the exhaust .. I just drilled a hole at the bottom near the end of the pipe.. but perhaps you can install them farther inside the pipe.. here is a pic:

Last edited by joebotics; 06-26-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joebotics
Streetfighter... did you cut the pipes yet?...

the "Oh ****" made me crack up.. cool stuff..

Hey... I made a big *** lollipop for my exhaust... I use an eye bolt then sandwiched it with washers.. I don't believe you'll need to sandwich it with washers.. the eye bolts should suffice.. I didn't weld it to the exhaust .. I just drilled a hole at the bottom near the end of the pipe.. but perhaps you can install them farther inside the pipe.. here is a pic:

Thanks, Joseph!

I didn't cut it yet. It's hot as FVCK in Texas, as is in FL too, I'm sure. The torque cone/Lollipop baffles looks pretty damn simple. Not TOOOO worried about power, otherwise I wouldn't have an 883

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^like you said, it's already an 883 right so why rob the low end torque from the bike on top of it? the lollipops will add give a little bit more low end torque and you'll notice it believe me. make the lollipops and slap them in there before you chop and see if you feel a diff.

btw-oh **** buttons are out there. there's a website that makes a bunch of diff. sayings i think. got mine from a woman @ work who had it on her keyboard and left the dept. so i ripped it and replaced the keyboard and thought it was perfect for the bar control area. SF, you can't rock one though until you remove that god awful, hideous "miller lite lime" bottle cap from your head tube bolt and replace it with a real beer (lol). i didn't think anyone actually drank that ****. agreed? lol......

Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
make the lollipops and slap them in there before you chop and see if you feel a diff.
++1

Originally Posted by bmxatv
you can't rock one though until you remove that god awful, hideous "miller lite lime" bottle cap from your head tube bolt and replace it with a real beer (lol). i didn't think anyone actually drank that ****. agreed? lol......
LMAO!!.. cheers!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The head bolts should support the pipes once you chop them, but I would keep an eye on them, give them a sung now and then. I have made some lollie pop's and always ended up taking them out since I just love the sound of a ture open pipe.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha BMX - they don't have Yuengling down here

And it's BUD LIGHT LIME, not Miller. Plus I found it too. I don't drink that **** lololol

Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streetfighter06

And it's BUD LIGHT LIME, not Miller. Plus I found it too. I don't drink that **** lololol
dude I think that **** is only popular in deep south texas where I live. People put lime on everything...

Now that bud light has done it for them....that **** blew up! LOL

Old 06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^hahaha....good **** SF. i wouldn't put yuengling lager in the "good beer" cat. either although it's not a bad lager, had much worse. their porter and black and tan aren't bad though! i can mail you some yuengling bottle caps, lol.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
CJDuncan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetfighter06

Put a shiner cap on there and call it good. We have a healthy collection at my house (on the bottles and ready to be taken off!) if you need one!

Old 06-27-2011, 12:21 PM
CJDuncan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpitch
dude I think that **** is only popular in deep south texas where I live. People put lime on everything...

Now that bud light has done it for them....that **** blew up! LOL
The Valley is single handedly responsible for supporting the Lime industry.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Chop - Advice required....