Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
CJDuncan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like what you ride then what do other people's opinions matter? Everyone that thinks the Sportster is a girl's bike also believes that they need the biggest to be the best. I can look them up and down and laugh, because at least mine is paid for.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 AM
silvabjeffrey
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJDuncan
If you like what you ride then what do other people's opinions matter? Everyone that thinks the Sportster is a girl's bike also believes that they need the biggest to be the best. I can look them up and down and laugh, because at least mine is paid for.
LOL! Yes, paid for is the operative word! I've gotten the whole "girl-harley" thing, but ironically from those that ride Japanese bikes. Its not a big deal to me. I don't know how people define what is "manly." God forbid its what model HD you have. I chose the Iron because it fit my physique, 5'9" 158lbs. Why would I need a whatever-GLIDE/KING? I personally think thats for fat people. I'm half their age, half their weight. Pay no mind to them guys with the wave-caps and HD apparel from head to toe; because the bottom line is... you OWN a Harley-Davidson. Enjoy that thing.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone tells me how nice my bikes are, never call then a girls bikes, but I have head this many times before. I have had guys ask me when are you going to upgrade to a bigger bike. Well for one that is not an upgread-it just cost more and I'm only 5'8" amd 150 so why in the hell do I need a 1000LBS bike that is slower than my bikes? I'm not into cross country trips and can ride my sportys as far as i ever want to go.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by schwingding
I can tell you one thing for certain....nobody has thus far called my Vrod a girl's bike.
OK, but have you gotten the "It ain't a true Harley" yet. I'm sure there's plenty of those threads over in the V-rod section.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 PM
ironhide_uk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVHogRider
OK, but have you gotten the "It ain't a true Harley" yet. I'm sure there's plenty of those threads over in the V-rod section.
( sooooo funny ) Your not a part time troll are you wvhogrider lol,
Sportsters get girls bike, baby bike
Vrods get it's not a real harley
The bigger glides get it's a arm chair on wheels.
But have you noticed it's alway a fellow Harley rider saying it. Funny :0/

Last edited by ironhide_uk; 06-27-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 AM
porkpie753
5th Gear

if you ask me the iron, 48 and nightster are the 3 greatest bikes ever designed and built by harley,i test rode every 2011 model harley have and i ended up with my nightster, call it a girls bike if you want but lets just see who gets to the other side of that curvey mountain first, i may have some bugs in my teeth when you finally get there but we cant all have a windsceen. ride what suits your style, my style is sport, if your into sitting on the lounge watching tv then the almost a car harley is for you, everyone has their deal, choose your deal and own it brother.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 AM
sexpanther
Cruiser

my sporty is an "attarcts girls" bike. which is plenty fine with me

Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 AM
force49r
Tourer

Just my 2 cents. I don't have a Sportster. But I can promise you all one thing. If I weren't 6'3/ 235 lbs I'd seriously be checking out a new 48 or Iron. When I'm out at the local Bike Night events, or at a Dealers I look at those bikes and think how much money I could dump into one. The 48 is just absolutely off the hook! Unless it's pink and has little purple tassles hanging off of it, it's NO GIRLY BIKE. Hats off to my Sporty breathren from a Dyna guy!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:17 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhide_uk
( sooooo funny ) Your not a part time troll are you wvhogrider lol,
Sportsters get girls bike, baby bike
Vrods get it's not a real harley
The bigger glides get it's a arm chair on wheels.
But have you noticed it's alway a fellow Harley rider saying it. Funny :0/
Yep, you got me.....I'm a troll. Someone that's been here less than a year calling me a troll...Now that's funny. And no, I've never really noticed fellow harley riders making fun of another harley riders bike other than some simple kidding around between buddies and it was never the girls bike comment. I've only heard the "sporty is a girls bike" comments on this here forum.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know that this skirtster, girls bike thing will never end but when sportsters first came out they were so much SMALLER than the big twin in size and in engine size. someone called it a GIRLS bike and it stuck. old wives tail thing, if that helps. everyone will survive.

Quick Reply: Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?