Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:54 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've found half the Harley riders are great and do not care what you ride even metric. The other half are more into impressing people and buy into all the crap, believe me the touring bike crowd get the old man bike thing, the softail guys get theirs, I have never heard much crap about the Dyna's. I have never really hung out with any haters but I hear it once in a while

Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And most of them probably rode a Sportie at one time. There must be a reason it has been around since 1957. If someone says something to me, I just explain that I don't need a full fairing with an iPod hookup and GPS to enjoy myself. Now if someone wants to write me a check to go buy a Streetglide, I'm always accepting donations LOL. To each his own, and that's why Harley, Honda, Suzuki etc offer so many different types of bikes. I ride what I ride because I enjoy it, and that's what it's all about in the end.

Last edited by mwegryn; 06-25-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:17 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger50
I havent had anyone say to me that my sportie is a girly bike. And Mine is purple! Personaly I wouldn't care if anyone said that. I do get a lot of compliments on my bike, and from men and woman who ride many different styles, and makes of bikes.
Me too, on all three counts!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
BreezyKollins
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evil Knievel rode a spotster, he jumped his XR-750 more than any other bike. HE WAS NO GIRL!!!......and i bet no one ever told him he was on a girls bike!!!.....lol

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM
matt1080
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow had no idea this would trun into such a big topic! Thanks for everyones input. It doesnt bother me at all. I actually thought it was pretty funny someone trying to pass judgement on something they knew nothing about. Thats what make the US so great.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:58 AM
S/SixPack
Cruiser

I've only had one person refer to my 48 as a girls bike, and he used the term three times in a relatively short conversation. It was obvious that he was seeing how far he could push me. He found out! He's no longer welcome at my place and I won't have anything to do with him. He lost a potenial friend.
He's a pri@k and no one seems to like him. What does that tell you.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 PM
MADDOG187
Road Master

Originally Posted by matt1080
Wow had no idea this would trun into such a big topic! Thanks for everyones input. It doesnt bother me at all. I actually thought it was pretty funny someone trying to pass judgement on something they knew nothing about. Thats what make the US so great.
lol ,
I'm with you there , the U.S does seem to pass judgement on things it knows nothing about ,

Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
papa_j
Cruiser

I've gotten this a few times. Someone just trying poke fun. But then they see my bike. And then they start asking alot of questions. It normally ends up with this guy who was poking fun while owning a bagger starts in with the compliments. When asked I am proud to say that mine is an 883low. Yes, I have done some mods to it, but that is why we buy them. To personalize it. To make it that creation in our heads when we first see it stock. These are things that are not easily and in some cases not possible to do with a big "touring" bike. Ride what you like. But mainly, ENJOY THE RIDE.
BTW- there are alot of nice sportsters on here. Some stock, some customized. But isn't funny how the owners are not afraid to show them off, but people keep bringing up this stupid subject?

Attached Thumbnails Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?-img_2684.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My favorite moment was someone at a gas stopped teased me about girl on a chick bike. Then they asked me where I had been and where I was going. I had been in NH was gassing up in mass and was heading to MD alone as a chick on my chick bike. They had been all of 60 miles away. It left them speechless...
My Bike is a chick bike because I ride it and the rhinestones I added. But I ride mine and a ton of those guys don't. My sporty is evening going to sturgis.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lizdc
My favorite moment was someone at a gas stopped teased me about girl on a chick bike. Then they asked me where I had been and where I was going. I had been in NH was gassing up in mass and was heading to MD alone as a chick on my chick bike. They had been all of 60 miles away. It left them speechless... //
Awesome!

My Roadster is completely ignored by the chrome barge dudes. My buddy has former brother-in-law who is divorced middle-aged, overweight guy who rides an aptly-named Fat Boy. Shows him a picture of my Roadster and he says "That's a girls bike."

Sport bike riders are all over it, and I just won "Best non-BMW" at a BMW club breakfast at Vanson Leathers. Many Beemer riders asked about it. The former President of the club told me he's looking for an 07 [FI] Roadster.

Who cares anyway - I like it. Now that the bike and shocks are getting broken in it's starting to be a fun bike.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-26-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?