Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had a nickel for every time someone started a thread about "girls bikes" in this forum, or even mentions it in other threads, I'd be a millionaire. In Dollars not nickels. Its seriously every week. So much energy is put into proving that the sportster isnt a girl bike that it just fuels all the ******** bickering....

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can tell you one thing for certain....nobody has thus far called my Vrod a girl's bike.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Cpitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by schwingding
I can tell you one thing for certain....nobody has thus far called my Vrod a girl's bike.
and no one will. Its just that so many people have said it about the sporty over the past 40 years that its just as "cool" as a set of harley chaps matched up with matching vest jacket gloves boots helmet sunglasses underwear tshirt socks and do-rag...

IF you notice, the only people that give sportster owners sh*t are the above mentioned dooshers.

your muscle is a sweet machine shwing!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't worry bout what others think, a sporty is a nice, fun, light, bike and some are killer fast too. If you like it and are comfortable on it , ride the hell out of it and smile the whole time

Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
JuniorNasty
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The funny thing is most people who have big twins wish they would have a Sporty but their backs and asses can't take the ride which in return makes them girly I LOVE my Sporty and do not regret buying it for one second. If you love your bike **** what others say!
*No offense to women out there about the girly comment.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
thoner7
Tourer

When someone says that to you, slightly pause, look at them funny, then in a very girly voice say "well yeaaaaaa, im a giiirlllll...." Try to burn a hole in their forehead with your stare. That should throw them for one.

Hopefully you have long hair, that will help seal the deal.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Osco
Account Deactivated
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by thoner7
When someone says that to you, slightly pause, look at them funny, then in a very girly voice say "well yeaaaaaa, im a giiirlllll...." Try to burn a hole in their forehead with your stare. That should throw them for one.
Hopefully you have long hair, that will help seal the deal.
I got short hair,
I just tell em, "I am a male Lesbian"

Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Woweh
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sporty4t8
I just bought a 48 and all I can say is that the ride is what it's all about. People will always talk and say stupid things, most of the time it's just to get a rise out of you. Just shrug it off and smoke them at the light next time you see them
Nice bike!! I ride a FB but my first 2nd bike choice is a 48 and I will get one some day. Girls bike, F...K No, anyone who says that is an insecure REDNECK MF, looking to loose some teeth in a local diner/bar with those thoughts and words in mouth. It's a F..Kn Harley, diff model and it is a SPORTSTER not CRUISER....lol, the lower seat height on some models attracts some lady riders but the low, bullet look attracts most everyone, so again, Girls bike??? WTF is that all about, ride your ride, and WELCOME to the Harley Community !!

D

Peace!!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I have a big twin since I'm a torque freak (and wanted a 6 speed) and even though I am medium sized, I felt cramped on a Sportster. But girl's bike? Why, 'cause it's lighter? For what it is, it's still to heavy. A Sporty is more nimble than the big boys and lots of fun to rev out. I loved my friend's Sporty before I bought a bike. Maybe it was the mid controls that gave me leg cramping, but that bike was great. They have a cool look to them also. On top of that the 1200 has plenty of get up and go. If it were 100 pounds lighter, it would be a rocket ship.

Incidentally, I recently saw a very feminine looking girl on a VERY manly done up FatBoy, which I liked better than the guy's bike she was riding with. So what? She didn't look butch on a "Man's" bike, so don't listen to the clowns regarding a girl's bike. This situation has to end at some point I hope. Remember all the Sporty Choppers and bobbers back when? They were cool and cool guys rode them. Enough, all you out there.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM
MADDOG187
Road Master

sportsters are cool bikes , the 48 is the coolest looking bike HD make IMHO , and i loved my nightster , they are pretty small in physical size , but not in engine size or performance , they handle well and are great as a everyday ride , anyone who says there a beginners bike or girls bike is basically an arsehole who knows sweet F.A about bikes in general , if they had owned one , they would always look at them with a fondness , a lot of HD riders start off on a sportster because they are relatively cheap in comparison to the bigger engined bikes ( like me ) or because it suites there needs at the time , guys that buy a large ol barge of a bike , then think there somehow better than others are sad , smile at them , because we know something they don't .

Last edited by MADDOG187; 06-24-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Whats with this "Girl Bike" stuff?