Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something Random

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

your question is a bit vague i guess. are you looking for a cheap perf. mod or looks mod? what are you willing to spend if anything and/or what kind of skills do you have to do the mods yourself?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything cheap, something I can do over the weekend, Im a pretty good welder, and use to work at a machine shop. So Im alright I guess. Just looking for ideas right now.

I plan on doing a wire tuck with no tank lift, coil relocate, turn signal relocate, remove reflectors and wrap my pipes in the next few weeks. Eventually Im going to make a tank shifter and foot clutch. Im open for anything, but this is my daily driver not a show bike. lol

edit. Oh and I need to repaint everything, probably flat black with some kind of cream or off white scallops.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

well if you're a pretty good welder and use to work at a machine shop you certainly got more experience than i do. guess i should have asked what direction you're taking the bike in, makes a bit more sense now.

1.there's a cool little thread in the sporty secion about a 5$ front blinker relocation mod.
2.you can try your hand at mreed's cheap and inexpensive breather setup (can't see if you have an aftermarket one or not).
3.you can remove the front fender but that's a matter of opinion and if she's a daily driver you might want to scratch that one.
4.relocate the speedo?
5.joebotics has a nice little thread on removing the brow and flipping your headlight upside down, looks really cool imo.
6.dare i say CTFS?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Cpitch
Road Master

I did the breather kit. Super easy and cheap. Looks rad. I wanna see the thread about the flipped headlamp.

On the subject of the nightster that looked like it was built 50 years ago and left outside the whole time....

I see what he was trying to achieve and I think he achieved it. I definitely wouldnt have gone in that direction and I agree that he couldve taken a much cheaper bike and achieved the same look. It would be more authentic if the bike was ACTUALLY 50 years old.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Remove the side reflectors off the rear fender and make a vertical license plate mount. Oh and sell the stock side plate mount. I threw mine in the trash before realizing that a few people would buy them and they're $180 from Harley so you can actually get a nice chunk of beer money for them.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpitch
he couldve taken a much cheaper bike and achieved the same look. It would be more authentic if the bike was ACTUALLY 50 years old.
here is my take on it.. I want my bike to look old.. perhaps sort of "rat rod" bike (raw.. unfinished... whatever).. BUT... I want my bike to be reliable... I am not certain I would like to take a 50 years old bike and ride 1k miles over a weekend.. perhaps that was the logic behind the guy's build)... it certainly is mine..

Happy Riding!!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Cpitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by joebotics
here is my take on it.. I want my bike to look old.. perhaps sort of "rat rod" bike (raw.. unfinished... whatever).. BUT... I want my bike to be reliable... I am not certain I would like to take a 50 years old bike and ride 1k miles over a weekend.. perhaps that was the logic behind the guy's build)... it certainly is mine..

Happy Riding!!
thats a pretty good point joe!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 AM
daddycoolj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can always go with a home made windshield like I did

Attached Thumbnails Something Random-dsc00061.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member